Ask Travis: A Master Replicas Photo Puppet Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I think it's fairly clear he's telling us that they are working on a muppet duck with boat and oar accessories.

Either that or he's saying MR has existing Muppet sales, Fozzie construction and distribution, statue development, materials research and non-muppet products that need attention. I wouldn't read too much into that comment.
Hmm, I wonder if that means that we might see a replica of Ronald Duck next in line after Fozzie? Maybe Mickey Moose could be after that? :stick_out_tongue:

It does seem like MR have a lot on their plates with Muppet stuff alone without taking their other projects into consideration. I'm just looking forward to seeing the China prototypes of Fozzie, the Pig can wait. :mad: Sorry Piggy!

Telly

Reaction score
Maybe if they wanted to do a more simple character before Piggy, they could do...mmmm....I dunno.....RIZZO! :shifty:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that Piggy will be next in line after Fozzie and then Rizzo to follow her. I can't imagine Rizzo being any simpler than Piggy. Yeah, he may be a whole lot smaller but the detail in him is pretty fine. In the original price ideas, Rizzo was said to probably cost the same as Kermit due to materials and workmanship.
Do we yet have any ideas on how much Fozzie is likely to cost and what size box he will be contained in?

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Good to hear from you again Trav.

Has MR ever approached anyone about making posers of SS characters? I know Henson has always been against it, but I was wondering if they've been approached (or SW) since the Muppet posers have come out.

attom40

Reaction score
Hi Travis,

Thank you for all the details involved in the MR muppet posers. I have just purchased Kermit, Gonzo and Animal... they are awesome!

Thanks for the update on Fozzie....:smile: I do have a question about packaging. Will Fozzie be in the same size box as others.. I know he's much taller, but will he be in a profile pose with face turned forward and in a seated type position so he could actually fit in the same size box.. I'm thinking that's the only way he could be boxed like the other 3 muppet figures....just curious? Thanks again for sharing your time!

I've displayed all 3 in glass cabinets from Ikea ...product name is the "Detolf" glass display cabinet. It's 64" high, 16" wide, and 15" deep. it is all glass 360 around with a wood top and bottom...and can hold 2 posers one on top and bottom, I could post pics if anyone is interested. They retail for a mere $59.99 and the $14.99 if you choose to get the optional interior light. Now they all look like Museum pieces in my home office...:smile: so for $60.00 you can have a glass display cabinet... I live near a Ikea here in MA, but if you don't they will ship, keep in mind this cabinet is about 85lbs.....here is the link...

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...rderBy=score&category=#~Products&query=detolf

Thanks again for some awesome MR posers, and if you keep making them, I'll keep buying them! Congrats on your new baby too!

Adam

caper

Reaction score
WOW!

Ive been out of the loop for a while with Muppets.

But now Master Replicas has got me hooked again!

Just got 2 quick questions about these Muppet replicas,

Can they stand on their own without their stands?

Are they going to release a new Animal with his "chains"?

Also

PLEASE make Scooter, Camilla, and the rest of The Electric Mayhem!

And Please lower the prices.:wink:

Thanks

LadyVader

Reaction score
Hi Travis:
will Fozzie be able to wear his hat and will he hold things you put in his hand.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Travis, Thank you so much for getting into and answering the marketing questions for me. Working in promotions, entertainment and film it was nice to "talk shop". I hope working with the new factory doesn't give you too many headaches when you get the fist production piece. It could be a bear of a problem Wocka, Wocka! Guys and gals I posted pics of the ikea display case just mentioned with Kermit in in and a red velvet curtain behind it. They are located in the Gonzo pictures thread. But to the buyers of replicas, am I the only one who would be interested in having some kind of plaque with Terry's autograph as a "designed by Terry with original patterns by Henson " type of thing? This is the best thread by far in all my time online. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. Especially Trav-daddy!

KK

Status
Not open for further replies.