Puppet Show Name Help

MuppetFozzieBe

Reaction score
I am trying to think of a name for a family tv puppet show. i have some thoughts. please tell me the ones you like and if you have any suggestions please tell me:wink:

Thoughts
  • The Crazy Show
  • WackyWood

CBPuppets

Reaction score
how about this for a title? "the 2+2 is five show!" (No wait wrong show, they already dealed with that sorry.:crazy: :batty:) but seriously here's some thoughts.

-The Idiot Society
-Those Wacky Morons
-Wacky Weirdos

*I Don't know if these are appropriate or not, but I hope they are and if they are not then I am really Sorry.:cry:

MGov

Reaction score
Okay. How about this:

The reason you are having trouble coming up with a name for your show is that you don't know what your show is about.

"just about a group of puppets getting into wacky adventures." is not what the show is about. That's too general. It doesn't say anything about who the characters are (they aren't puppets, they're characters) and it doesn't describe in any kind of specific way what they do (they have to DO something, be active. Things can't happen TO them. That isn't active).

"The Muppet Show" is about a group of oddballs desperately putting on a variety show week after week despite varying amounts of ineptitude, ego and showmanship or lack thereof.

Be specific about who the characters are, what they want and where they are. Be as specific as you can. Once you know the details, a title should be a little bit easier.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
EXCELLENT point Mgov.

I'd suggest that before you tackle the where, tackle the characters. Nail down what their weaknesses & strengths are, but do so in an organic way. Try slapping them on your hand and improvising a bit with another puppeteer.

Creation of good scenework comes from a creation of good characters. Each character, if they stay true to the core beliefs of the original character, can interact with any other well-developed character & always have a good scene. Why? Because those characters know the rules you've laid out for them in how they act & react to things.

After that, you can put them into any location, any situation. Think about Fozzie & Kermit on a bus...think of them at a hospital...what about outerspace or inside the ear canal of a yak? Then tackle the why & how of the situation...why are they in the yak's ear? How did they get into the yak's ear?

Good luck with it!

Toasty

Reaction score
Staceyrebecca, I like the way you think. And now, for some reason, I feel compelled to search out a ridiculously immense box of Q-Tips.

;-)

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I was watching an extra on Ratatouille today & heard a quote that I thought fit in with this discussion...

[FONT=&quot]The mistake that a lot of people make is thinking that you can force ideas to come—you can’t really. All that you can do is observe what kind of environment puts you in a creative state of mind and then try to create that environment. --Brad Bird[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]