NEW MUPPET SHOW DVD's and Superbit!!

Stulz

Reaction score
March 4, 2003 DVD Releases

According to DVD File, Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment will debut the Jim Henson cult favorites Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal as Superbit reissues: high-performance releases that drop all the extras to maximize video and audio quality, each rincluding an anamorphic widescreen transfer of the film, Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround tracks, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles, simplified menus, and no extras. The studio will also release that same day two more installments in The Best of the Muppet Show series, showcasing Harry Belafonte and Peter Sellers.

------------------------------
Petty sweet eh......

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
YEAAYYYYY! That's all i have to say!

Zack)Rowlf the, ehh, that's kinda a long wait thought, if they want to release 30 dvd's in all it will be six years before we see the new one's.Dog.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stulz
Superbit reissues: high-performance releases that drop all the extras to maximize video and audio quality, each rincluding an anamorphic widescreen transfer of the film, Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround tracks, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles, simplified menus, and no extras.
I am a bit out of the DVD, super high tech quality nitpicking circle. Is this superbit business really worth it? I mean, extras make DVDs for me...I'd still buy VHS if it weren't for the extras. So, all-knowing Stulz, enlighten the boy! :big_grin:

-Matt

Stulz

Reaction score
yeah read scarecroe's post...

Yeah follow Sarecroe's link...

While I personally haven't witnesed the 'superbit" difference, I can say that by using ALL the space availibe on the disc for the movie and soundtrack and not the extras, the picture and sound quality should well exceed the allready subtaial increase from VHS.

The less you compress the movie files on the disc the better quality they are.

This is also why the new "Extended Edition" of the Lord Of The Rings is 4 discs with all the features on the 2nd two.

There are more in depth explanations avialible online.

Check:

www.digitalbits.com

among others to find more info..

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Okay, thank you both.

I read the other post. I think I might be compelled to check this SuperBit thing out, just a matter of price. Is it alot more expensive than a non-SuperBit disc?

-Matt

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Is it [SuperBit] alot more expensive than a non-SuperBit disc?
Matt,

It is a little bit, but not much. If you're getting your DVDs at someplace where you can pick them up fairly cheap anyway, like Best Buy, then you're good. It's well worth the additional cost especially if you're an a/v junkie... not that I am so much, but I can certainly appreciate, and will pay for, quality.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Will these Peter Sellers/ Harry Belafonte videos be Time Life or just released to stores so people can buy them without going trough the hassle of ordering them by phone or on-line? What episodes will they have (crossing fingers for Marty Feldman)

scarecroe

Reaction score
Nah, those volumes have already been released by Time-Life. This is the Columbia run which just released the Elton John and Star Wars eps.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
The episodes on Volumes 3 and 4 are:

VOLUME 3:Harry Belafonte/Linda Ronstadt/John Denver

VOLUME 4:stick_out_tongue:eter Sellers/John Cleese/Dudley Moore