Treasure Planet

kansasteen14

Reaction score
has anyone else seen this? it is REALLY good and has blended regular and computer animation magnificently. I really love Morph and Captain Amelia is a wonderful character. anyone else seen IT? also has anyone seen 8 crazy nights? it looks stupid but I want to see what other people say.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've not seen it yet. I've yet to see Kermit's Swamp Years even, or Toy Story 2! :frown:

I have GOT to hit Blockbuster soon!! Lilo and Stitch here I come.

I was going to skip Treasue Planet, but you kind of have me wanting to see it. Dunno about the 8 days thing, haven't heard anything.

Later,
FOZ

Rufus

Reaction score
I saw it last weekend and I really enjoyed it. It totally succeeded where Atlantis failed in terms of trying to be an action-adventure animated film.
The mix of CGI and traditional animation was really good, too. The one part where they messed it up is with the space whales... they were WAY too textured and rendered.
I'm surprised there's no toys for this film, though. I left wanting to pick up a Long John Silver action figure!

- R -

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rufus

I'm surprised there's no toys for this film, though. I left wanting to pick up a Long John Silver action figure!

- R -
Trust me on this one.. check the Disney store. McDonalds..etc...

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
also has anyone seen 8 crazy nights? it looks stupid but I want to see what other people say.
Yeah, I saw 8 Crazy Nights (but not Treasure Planet. I'm avoiding that like the plague!). I was dissappointed with it, simply because I thought it would be more about Chanuka than it was (I'm Jewish... well, not really I don't practice it, but you get the idea). Other than that, it was funny at times. I mean, it was alright. I wouldn't run back to see it or anything, and there were some parts that were just TOO over-the-top and not funny at all, but it was alright. Basically, if you really love Adam Sandler than you just might like this film.

^_^ Debo

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Treasure Planet-That was the BEST movie Disney has ever made. How dare Z Films call it a failure!

8 Crazy Nights-I'm Catholic, first of all, and I actually liked this movie because there was a good message in it-

There are people who give of themselves all year, and people who take them for granted. Whitey only wanted a little recognition, like we all do when we help others. And even though Davey had acted ungrateful to him, Whitey still tried to set him on the right path.

I had also seen "The Hot Chick" last night, and it definitely was a story I would have written! (Especially with the silly BSB reference. :smile: )

kansasteen14

Reaction score
they do have some pretty good Planet toys and I agree that the animation was good except for those whales,they just didnt fit in.