UK Palace Video 1980's Triple Box sets.....

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I posted this probably 2 or 3 years ago but didnt have much luck.

So Im trying again now.

In the 1980's, Palace Video in the UK, released several Muppets/Hensons titles on video, including, The Muppet Movie, Caper, Dark Crystal, Celebration of 30 Years and The Muppets go to the Movies, as well as Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock.

Some of these releases were sold in Bumper Edition Boxsets of Three tapes.

These Were....

1, The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Dark Crystal. All with a Blue covers.

2, The Muppets Go To The Movies, A Christmas Toy, A Muppet Family Christmas. all with green covers.

3,A Celebration of 30 years, 2x Muppet Babies tapes, all with dark pink video covers.

In the 80's I was given The Muppets Take Manhattan on VHS for Christmas. The tape was faulty and only played in b&w, so I returned it. The only other Muppet title they had was the green cover boxset listed above. As I had already taped Family Xmas from TV and didnt think the Xmas Toy was Muppets I decided not to get it, which I deeply regret to this day! I had it in my hand and didnt get it!

The Boxsets of these had decorated boxes depending on the content, Movies, Muppet Babies, and The Muppets. On top each boxset was a cardboard 'pop-up' scene, which was beautiful!

Over the years I have NEVER seen these boxsets anywhere. I have managed to get the Muppet Babies pink box, but the pop up scene was missing.

The point to this post, does anyone have any info on these sets? Or does anyone own any? If so please post a pic, it would be great to see these again and the pop-up scene! Hopefully one day I will find one of these again!

Many Thanks

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hey Danny,

Thats great thanks so much, is that your boxset in the picture?

I assume that as they have a colouring competition on the box most were cut up and destroyed.

The one in the pic is the one I would have seen.

I have the Muppet Babies one which has a Muppet Babies colouring pic. I'll check soon what the comp prize was?

I really, really want to see pics of the pop-up scenes?

Cant believe it was back in Jan 2005 I posted that first thread and its still bugging now. Sure I'll find one someday.

Thanks again

Chris

King Prawn

Reaction score
I'm glad I found this thread, I actually have all those except for The Great Muppet Caper and The Dark Crystal ones with the blue cover. I've always wondered about these because it seemed odd to me that the Muppets Go Hollywood & A Muppet Celebration of 30 years was actually released on video on it's own. So I take it, these were never released in America then?

I remember I was so happy when I recieved A Muppet Family Christmas for christmas. It had been taped for me when it aired on tv once but it stopped recording when Ernie was doing the Sesame Christmas Pagent and I always wanted to see how The Fragges found their way to the house. I also had an accident a while back and only have the front cover of The Muppets A Celebration of 30 years which is bascially Kermit wearing a tux inside a circle.

The Muppet Movie I thing was the unedited version and when I was around 11/12 Disney released The Muppet Movie again on video and I wanted a new one but since I had the old version my mom wouldn't buy it for me. So I remember oine night bringing out all the tape from inside the vhs and claiming to my mum that it had stayed stuck inside the vhs player, I thought that was the best plan ever but my Mom knew very well it was no accident seeing as I had been days begging for a new one and her reply was you already have one, and she told me, "I know you broke this, I'm not buying you another one now" a few days lated she bought it for me, she knew I needed my daily dose of The Muppet movie. Years later when I started using the net and came upon MC and really began to learn about the Muppets I realised I had destroyed the unedited version for one that was edited, might not be a big deal to some but it has always bothered me. The run time for that version was 97 mins I think.

It's great being able to collect Muppet Merchandise once your older and have your own cash, and be able to get two or three of the same thing and not have to ask anybody for it. Now I have like 3 versions of TMM on video and 2 on DVD.

If you want i'll try and take some pics if you'd like to see the cover art, though all I have are the videos since i Bought them from a video rental store when it closed down.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I had the box set containing Christmas Toy, Family Christmas and Go To The Movies but somewhere along the line the box was lost and now I only have the videos. I have managed to collect several Palace videos since then. I have created a page on Muppet Wiki about the Muppet Palace Videos. Any extra info you can add would be greatly appreciated!

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Palace

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thanks for you help guys.

I seen the page on Muppet Wiki. I do have all the videos in this collection, just not the box sets, except the Muppet Babies one which has the pop-up scene missing.

I love the 30 year and go to the Movies vhs, as these have not been released elsewhere.

Chris