Need help for avenue q puppets replicas

jcnegron

Reaction score
Darkranth, In spanish I liked the "unofficial" translations I've seen on the Internet. I liked the ones from Spain, Argentina, Monterrey, and one that a friend wrote. But I din't liked the, so far, only "official" spanish translation, the one playing in Mexico City. And I don't like the idea that they will make eventually an Original Cast CD, that would be equivalent to setting in stone the Lyrics. On the other hand I haven't heard that translation entirely yet, but I've heard that Mix tape is just Hilarious. Well that one was just a matter of throwing crazy titles of songs, but I've been told they chose very funny ones. I wonder if in Quebec you would ever change the "I love Titanic!" part :wink:

Lab Rat

Reaction score
Apparently they are having the dress rehearsal professionally fimed so it will probably end up on youtube.

darkranth

Reaction score
I've posted some pictures of nicky and kate monster.
http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk162/Darkranth/
Tell what you think!
Oh and the doll fur is only 2". I don't think that's enough... And I don't want to spend 30$ for a big piece a fur, so I wonder if someone have some little pieces of 3" dark brown fur that I could use for Nicky's hair.

Thanks!

darkranth

Reaction score
Ok... So now I have a problem... The fur I want for trekkie Monster is not avaible on ebay anymore. I tried to contact the seller (big4fabric) but they didn't reply yet.

Did someone have a good adress for cheap fur? Mendel's looks great but it's too expensive...

Please... It's for a school project so I'm running out of time.

jcnegron

Reaction score
Hey Darkranth, Now I can see that you finally got your Fur for trekkie. I would recommend you make trekkie's horns the same way you are building your puppets. Foam covered with fleece. And get Sculpey for the pieces under the eyes, is the easiest way to do it. So far so good. And your sunshine puppet is looking really good as well.

darkranth

Reaction score
Wow! I don't know why I didn't think about it for horns! Thanks!
And sculpey is so far the best suggestion I had! Thanks a lot! By the way, do you know what nicky and ohter character like kate eyes are made of? The white part...

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
sculpt the horns in Foam rubber, Sculpey will crack , and break , I suggest you use plastic spoons or other found items for eyes as well, sculpey is not durable enough