Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas Musical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
UPDATES:

From RavageFrackle's post:
Reply TO email, Regarding Emmet Otter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear James,
The title is in very early development--there have been no auditions announced (or planned.)

Please let the rest of the folks know--we're being deluged with requests.

Many thanks,
Tim McDonald
(On to the original Post #1 of this thread:smile:

Hello guys,

Well late last night I got a call my friend in NYC and he told me that he had gotten word that there was some type of audition today for an Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas Musical that may come to Broadway or at least a staged version of the show. I don't know when, or where, or why but it would be done with puppets and that i think the Jim Henson company would be doing it.
That's all i know! nothing really other then the idea of it.

My friend was in shock as much as I. Please take with a grain of salt because i can't confirm anything but i was told it wasn't a secret. I haven't seen any news about it on-line unless i missed something?

Who knows?:confused: It would be cool idea, as i love Emmet Otter! So many questions come to mind! would it work? I don't know if it would take off in the way like Ave Q. I'm sure it would have to be written longer and maybe need more songs, maybe more from the Nightmare Band. What about Kermit being it? Probably not. I wonder if Paul Williams would be involved? It would most likely be new puppeteers to be doing it. All these things are more are flying around my head! But if it's true i would hope it would lead to a full version copy of the original to be released on dvd!:smile: The songs would be AMAZING sung live, i'd want to sing right along!

Well, "We're closer now then EVER before!"

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
One could only hope the amazing Paul Williams would be involved!
This is great, thanks for sharing.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I really do hope it's true! Paul Williams would really make it really special and i'm sure it would be done right and treat as the classic it is!
If, if, if, this is for real i wonder if it would only be a holiday thing? Emmet Otter isn't a Christmas special that blasts about Santa Clause, presents, Talking snow men, or flashy decorations so it could be something that could run longer then just the holiday season. I wonder if it would really be on Broadway, i mean wow! Then there would be a Puppet staged show aimed at for all ages!

Oh i'm such in an Emmet Otter singing mood again!

Again i can't confirm anything and it could be just talk or some mixed up information at this point.

Erine81981

Reaction score
This would be so awsome! I would love to see this if i could or maybe i'll get to see it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Surprising, but if it did happen that could be great. Emmett Otter doesn't go on and on about Santa and presents, but it does represent what's most important about Christmas--generosity and bravery. :smile:

Cammioh

Reaction score
The story comes from Russell Hoban's children's book and could feasibly have nothing to do with Henson's retelling. It may not have any of the same songs or Muppet-y characters at all. The book's illustrations were done by Hoban's wife, and Henson used these to help design the characters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's a good point! Either way, I'd be interested. :smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Yes I'm thinking it could be all people, and hopefully it doesn't get turned into a race thing...like I'm thinking it could.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh yes that's true, but at least from the source i got from was that it was with the Jim Henson company and that it would be done with puppets. I'll have to call my friend to see if he's got anymore info.

BEAR

Reaction score
The rumors are true. I did a bit of research. The writer's name is Timothy A. McDonald and he is collaborating with Paul Williams and the Jim Henson Company on the adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.