Thank You, Jerry Nelson

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Mr. Nelson, I don't believe you have really ever received all the credit you deserve, whilst (and at the same time) I also think that there is no way on this earth to properly express such thanks. Though your characters may not be in the spot light all the time, when they are they become all the more special. The Electric Mayhem would not be right without Floyd's vocal talents. It's so good to hear your voice behind a puppet.

Meeting you last year at Muppetfest was one of the best occasions of my life. You are such an encouraging person! Thank you so much for caring for your fans.

I should say so much more, but like I said, it's inexpressible!

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Smig

Reaction score
Your characters have kept me laughing for years, and meeting you at MF (and after the live show) was both an honor and a treat. Thank you.

Smig

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i always thought jerry could play a number of characters than any other performer that may have a few lines and only one or 2 apperances or a lot of lines and be a great character. i've always loved floyd and i think he's one of the best characters on the muppets. i also enjoy lew zeland a lot too. the count brings back a lot of memories and he's one of the most recognized characters in everyone who has seen sesame street, young and old alike.

jerry, i hope you have great sucess through the many years and happy holidays and merry christmas.

ryan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My favorite Nelson character is Gobo. Yes, I know Floyd is his signature character and he's really cool too, but when I think of Jerry Nelson I always think of Gobo singing "Come and Follow Me" with Matt or "Catch the Tail by the Tiger". That was just such an inspirational character. I hope we see more of Jerry's work soon. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Puppet Master Mr. Jerry Nelson

I'll have to jump in here and say how much I totally admire this dude!

Sometimes, if you watch carefully, you can see that his style of puppetry is simple. His vocalizations span wide on the characters he performs, he's obviously quick witted and smart just from what we saw at MuppetFest. Definitely one of those performers that I have studied my whole life.

Having had him stop in and visit with us at MC has always been a blast (just as it has been with having Karen Prell visit, among others who it would be fun to have around as regulars).

I don't know what was going on in that last Muppet film that he wasn't involved if such was the case (I noticed characters sounded different), but I hope all is well with our Jerry as he is indeed one of our favorite performers.

Jerry, if you see this, you are welcome to my house anytime to visit. And you don't even have to bring a Muppet!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
>>>It will make you smile just thinking about them !<<<

I am smiling. Thank you for helping put that smile there Jerry!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
for sure, Jerry's one of the best! Floyd especaily ahs always been one of my favorite muppets and a huge part of why I became a musician myself! Also I prefer his version of "50 ways to leave your lover" better than the original....

Thijs

Reaction score
Love you Jerry!

I love Floyd and Robin, but also all those side-characters you performed.