Revealing Stitching

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I'm having a real Problem here! How would I make it so any stitching on my puppet would be less revealing? I hope someone can shed some light on this. and I refer specificvly to the body, legs and arms.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I was at the muppet exhibit yesterday (again...) & was looking specifically at all of the seams..especially the back of the heads of kermit & bert. The stitching is just about flawless. My guess is that they're doing a ladder stitch & going very slowly. When I do that, my stitches are top-notch, but since I love instant-gratification (thank you Saturday Morning!) it's hard for me to do all of the time. I need to figure out how to be instantly gratified by doing ONE stitch...

*stitch* hooray! *stitch* yipeee! *sitch* wow!

I'm easily amused.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I am not an authority on hand sewing, but I would second staceyrebecca's suggestion of going slowly and making small stitches. In my experience, the more time you take the better the finish product will look.

Teenager's

Reaction score
whoa...wax?...like any kind of wax? or like those little things of bees wax?

Nojoy

Reaction score
I too would like to hear of this "wax" of which you speak... for I am a caveman and your world of thread wax and ladder stitches is far too adavnced for my simple mind.
Prior to puppet building my sewing skills were non-existant, and I never took Home Economics....
How much of a difference does it make? And is it as time consuming as it sounds?

And "Jinx, double post!" you now owe me a coke.

wes

Reaction score
use a small whip stitch and pick out the seams!

Also Fur hides seams the best!