How do you make teeth?

CraftyDen

Reaction score
I use sculpey or fimo clay...it's really hard wearing. I have also been known to use joke teeth, good quality ones and just cut to fit.

www.thecraftyden.com

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Certain kinds of while plastic beads can also work well (sorry I don't have any photos handy as an example). Some people also cut strips of fun foam. Some craft stores sell Foamie "marshmallows" that could be used to make teeth.

pjspuppets

Reaction score
Crayola has a product, I think it's called Model Magic or something like that. It's a light-weight material that you mold like clay, and let it dry. It feels like fun-foam, but you can shape it however you want. Comes in lots of colors, including white.

Pat

CBPuppets

Reaction score
How do you attach it to the puppet afterwards?

Nojoy

Reaction score
Sponge makeup applicators... a little snip with the scissors to shape them. Some dandy choppers there...

wes

Reaction score
John Kennedy uses fuzzy with balls, i use foam that I sculp and coat in scult or coat.

matleo

Reaction score
If you use MOdel Magic, make sure you paint it with a few layers of glues first. it'll keep it from breaking apart on you.

For really scary teeth, I have a treick I use where I take a hot glue stick and cut it into small bits. I then put the bits in a bowl of warm water and nuke it for a few seconds. then I take the bowl out carefully fish out the hot glues with a spoon and what you got is hot glue the soft enough to shape but not hot enough to burn. You simply pinch one end so it looks jagged. then, becasue it's hot glue you just heat up your gun melt the non-jagged edge and stick it right to your puppet. The effect is pretty awesome.

--Matt

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
This post has encouraged me to look into some better teeth methods for some of our characters. I was just thinking about teeth the other day. wow!