Beat the Time with Crazy Harry

mikealan

Reaction score
Here's the new BTT fan-fic with some non-Henson characters!

(The scene takes place at the live game-show stage set at the arena while time-ticking music from Beat the Time with Grover plays.)

ANNOUNCER: And now, live at the Sesame Street Continental Arena, it's time for everybody's most beloved stunt show, "BEAT...(five-second drum roll as the word "BEAT" appears on the screen) THE TIME!" (the words "THE TIME" appear on the screen as well.)

(Audience cheers and fireworks are displayed over the set.)

(Drum roll as "BEAT THE TIME" title fades away)

ANNOUNCER: And here is everybody's most beloved game-show host, Guy Smiley!

(Audience cheers again. Game-show music from Beat the Time with Cookie Monster plays as Guy Smiley enters the arena while walking through the lavender-glittered curtains.)

GUY SMILEY: Hello there, ladies and gentlemen! This is everybody's most beloved game-show host, Guy Smiley, and welcome to our live edition of "Beat the Time", right here at the Sesame Street Continental Arena! (Game-show music fades away) Isn't that great? And now to get things started, let's welcome today's contestant, Mr. Crazy Harry!

(Game-show music from Beat the Time with Cookie Monster plays again while Crazy Harry enters the arena.)

CRAZY HARRY: A'ha ha ha ha ha ha! Hey Guy! (Game-show music fades away again)

GUY SMILEY: Hi ya, Crazy Harry. Are you ready for your dynamite stunt?

CRAZY HARRY: Did you say 'dynamite?' A'ha ha ha ha ha ha!

GUY SMILEY: Now, Crazy Harry, don't display any explosions! You are here to play our game, you get it, Crazy Harry?

CRAZY HARRY: Oh, all right.

GUY SMILEY: OK! Here's what you have to do. In order to win our game, you must find six things that create an explosion.

CRAZY HARRY: WOW! Sounds like fun! A'ha ha ha ha ha ha!

GUY SMILEY: Yes it will be fun, (loudly) but you must do it for 50 seconds before the clock reaches the buzzer! So are you ready, Crazy Harry?

(Drum roll)

CRAZY HARRY: You bet I am!

GUY SMILEY: OK! Ready...3...2...1....GO ALREADY! GO!

(Time-ticking music from Beat the Time with Grover plays)

CRAZY HARRY: A'ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! (runs out of the arena)

GUY SMILEY: Will he do it? Crazy Harry's got 50 seconds to find six things that create an explosion! That's right, six things that create an explosion!

(Crazy Harry re-enters the arena, bringing in a bomb!)

CRAZY HARRY: I found a bomb, Guy! A'ha ha ha ha!

GUY SMILEY: Wonderful, Crazy Harry! A bomb is a thing that creates an explosion! Now go find five more things that create an explosion! (Crazy Harry leaves the arena) Wait a minute! A BOMB? OH, NO! (Throws the bomb right at the left set of curtains and the bomb explodes, which causes the left set of curtains demolished) Well, at least I didn't get hurt from it. Now, Crazy Harry's got 43 seconds left to find five more things that create an explosion! Can he do it?

(Crazy Harry re-enters the arena, bringing in a dynamite stick)

CRAZY HARRY: A'ha ha ha ha ha ha! Here's a dynamite stick, Guy! (It's Marvin the Martian's Uranium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator!)

GUY SMILEY: Good job, Crazy Harry! That's two things that create an explosion! Now go find four more things, Crazy Harry!

(Crazy Harry leaves the arena again.)

GUY SMILEY: Just to let you know, audience, Crazy Harry's got 36 seconds left to find...

(Marvin the Martian (in animated form), from Looney Tunes, enters the arena!)

MARVIN THE MARTIAN: That earth creature stole my Uranium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator! I need that to blow up the Earth! Oooh, that makes me so angry! (to Guy on stage) Hold on, there! You must be the one who took my Uranium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator!

GUY SMILEY: I've only got four things to tell you, little fella. Number one, you can't destroy our planet because we live here! (loudly) Number two, I'm not the one who took the Uranium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator! (very loud) Number three, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE URANIUM Q-36 EXPLOSIVE SPACE MODULATOR IS! AND NUMBER FOUR IS TO GET OFF THE STAGE!

MARVIN THE MARTIAN: Oh, dear! I'll have to create an army of Martians! (leaves the arena)

GUY SMILEY: And now, ladies and gentlemen, Crazy Harry's got 26 seconds left to find four more things that create an explosion! Can he do it on time?

(Crazy Harry re-enters the arena, bringing in both Voltorb and Electrode (both in animated form), from Pokemon)

CRAZY HARRY: I found two bomb balls, Guy! (Voltorb and Electrode both self-destruct to knock down the right set of curtains)

GUY SMILEY: Two bomb balls? Why, yes! That equals four things that create an explosion!

CRAZY HARRY: Now I go find two more things, Guy! (leaves the arena again)

GUY SMILEY: Yes, four down and two more to go! (to the audience) Crazy Harry's got 21 seconds left to find two more things that create an explosion in order to win...

(A Pokemon trainer (in animated form) enters the arena)

POKEMON TRAINER: Hey, some wild-eyed weird guy took both my Voltorb and my Electrode! Have you seen them, Mr. Smiley?

GUY SMILEY: I don't think I've ever seen that Voltorb and that Electrode of yours, trainer. NOW GET OFF MY STAGE!

POKEMON TRAINER: AAAAH! Don't worry Voltorb and Electrode! I'm coming to find both of you! (Runs out of the studio)

GUY SMILEY: Crazy Harry's got 16 seconds left to find two more...

(As Guy speaks, Crazy Harry re-enters the arena with nothing in his hands)

CRAZY HARRY: Guy, I can't find two more!

GUY SMILEY: Well, you've got to find them! You've only got 14 seconds left! Now hurry!

CRAZY HARRY: Wait! I know! I know! (displays two dynamite plungers)

GUY SMILEY: WAIT! NO, NO, NO! DON'T DO THAT! EVERYONE OF US WILL GET HURT!

CRAZY HARRY: No, watch!

GUY SMILEY: NO! NO! NO! WAIT! STOP!

(Crazy Harry pushes down two dynamite plungers and the whole arena-themed game-show set explodes, including the clock! The arena is now wall-less!)

GUY SMILEY: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Oh, no! My set!

CRAZY HARRY: I secretly have two dynamite plungers, Guy!

GUY SMILEY: Two dynamite plungers? Why, that equals six things to create an explosion! AND YOU WON OUR GAME, CRAZY HARRY!

(Winning alarm is heard and the audience cheers)

CRAZY HARRY: A'HA HA HA HA HA HA! I WIN! I WIN!

GUY SMILEY: The prize you won is the official Guy Smiley Explosives Kit, in case someone says anything that relates to explosions!

CRAZY HARRY: Why, thank you! A'ha ha ha ha ha ha!

GUY SMILEY: (to the audience) You know, to tell you the truth, the arena has been temporary partly self-destructed but this game sure is a blast!

CRAZY HARRY: Did you say both 'self-destructed' and 'blast'?

GUY SMILEY: Yes I did!

CRAZY HARRY: (sets off two explosions from the explosives kit he won) A'ha ha ha ha ha ha!

GUY SMILEY: Yes, wonderful! And what a great audience we got here. (Game-show music from Beat the Time with Cookie Monster plays again) I'm Guy Smiley, everybody's most-beloved game-show host saying "So long for now!" So tune in again for another exciting game of "Beat the...

(As Guy speaks, Marvin the Martian re-enters the wall-less arena with an army of Instant Martians)

MARVIN THE MARTIAN: There he is! There's that earth creature who took my Uranium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator! Capture him!

(An angry army of Instant Martians starts chasing Crazy Harry out the wall-less studio)

GUY SMILEY: As I was saying once more, ladies and gentlemen, tune in again for another exciting game of "Beat the Time!" (notices the chase going on, to all Martians) Hey, you Martians! You all gotta get off the stage and head back to Mars! And you'd better leave Crazy Harry alone! Get off! Get off!

("BEAT THE TIME" title flashes on the screen as the scene ends in chaos)

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Hilarious, maybe you can do one with the Swedish Chef?

CBPuppets

Reaction score
or even better how about a "Beat the time" with Dr. Bunson Honeydew and Beaker?

mikealan

Reaction score
Hilarious, maybe you can do one with the Swedish Chef?
Unfortunately, can't do, because I can't write anything The Swedish Chef could say in his Swedish accent and also that Swedish Chef fan site with the Swedish language section is gone.

mikealan

Reaction score
Hmm, not so sure about :confused: and :eek: 's appearance...can't think of what they have to do for the show right now...
Actually, I thought of an upcoming BTT fan-fic with Bunsen and Beaker! Hopefully, it'll be up real soon!