Animatronic Dog puppet like Henson Creature Shop

biblebetty

Reaction score
Painted resin eyes, Wood, screws, Metal, cables, Hot glue, fur, sculpey. Pretty easy

Easy for you to say, I tried it, and it's not easy. but WOW! you did a great job. It looks very real. by the way does the dog's upper lip move? I saw it on utube. if it did that is a lot of work. If not it is still a lot of work and was done very clean. really nice job.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Painted resin eyes, Wood, screws, Metal, cables, Hot glue, fur, sculpey. Pretty easy

Easy for you to say, I tried it, and it's not easy. but WOW! you did a great job. It looks very real. by the way does the dog's upper lip move? I saw it on utube. if it did that is a lot of work. If not it is still a lot of work and was done very clean. really nice job.
Ok, it wasn't easy.
Glad you like him. Yes, the upper lipper lip moves. The eye brows also move but it's not visible in the video.

mrhogg

Reaction score
Awesome work! Do you have the plans for it that we could see? I've been meaning to add animatronics to my repertoire.

Jinx

Reaction score
Just wanting to be clear, is this actually "animatronic" meaning using servomotors, electronics and the like, or is it simply mechanical meaning manually operated cables? I'm guessing the latter, which would put this sort of project closer to the grasp of us mere mortals!

It's really a fantastic puppet!

RockerRob

Reaction score
I like it. When I watched the video, it reminded me of Harrry from "Harry and the Hendersons" and Chewbacca in his expressions. Very cool!

Laszlo

Reaction score
Awesome work! Do you have the plans for it that we could see? I've been meaning to add animatronics to my repertoire.
Thank you! Sorry I didn't do any plans for it. But I may try to make some pics from the mechanics inside.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Just wanting to be clear, is this actually "animatronic" meaning using servomotors, electronics and the like, or is it simply mechanical meaning manually operated cables? I'm guessing the latter, which would put this sort of project closer to the grasp of us mere mortals!

It's really a fantastic puppet!
Thank you!
It's just a simple mechanical hand-puppet. No servos inside.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Looks fantastic! The only alteration I might have considered are some highlights in the fur, eg around the eyebrows, which could make the more subtle facial movements a little easier to observe...

Laszlo

Reaction score
Looks fantastic! The only alteration I might have considered are some highlights in the fur, eg around the eyebrows, which could make the more subtle facial movements a little easier to observe...
Thank you. That is a good idea.