Happily EVER after?

Nick22

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It looks like a bad rainstorm is on its way soon here, so if you don't find any story here tonight, it'll be up by the morning. Sorry if this keeps you guys waiting. :smile:
awesome! can't wait!

green stuff

Reaction score
Well now, I might have had something to do with that rainstorm, Lisa... :smile: No seriously, sorry for the delay guys, we've been having..well, some pretty weird weather here lately that's prevented me from posting. However, we are slowly getting back to sunshine and tumble weeds, so hopefully we'll have something for you guys to read...and again hopefully sooner rather than later..just hang in there, guys! :smile:

green stuff

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I know it's seemed unbelievably long since my last post, but I'm working on the next chapter getting posted as we speak. And, I decided to give this chapter a name...which means I'll have to go back and give the other chapters a name, too just so they won't feel left out. Very appropriate name, this chapter. :smile: You might need some tissues as well, depending on your threshold for sadness, but there'll be lots of laughs, too, so maybe not. Anyway, that's what's up, so I'll see you all soon! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Wery much looking forward to the next chapter. If you have the others' names, LMK and I can go back and attach them for you. *Huge huggles.

green stuff

Reaction score
Chapter 6 - Rock This Party

'’The fun has finally arrived! Hide your wives!

Megan didn’t have to wonder for long who could have dreamed Robin up, for at this very moment, who should be creeping up behind her, fashionably later as always, but her oldest brother-in-law, Michael. Michael was a big one for practical jokes and all things humorous, so naturally, he could never resist the chance to scare the living daylights of our his favorite sister-in law. Now, at this moment, he was sneaking up on her, ever so slowly….quietly…slowly…one more flipper step…and…

‘’BOO! Megan shrieked, fell backwards, and as a result, spilled her drink all over the front of her dress. As she fell towards the floor, she felt a strong force lift her back up on her feet, as well as hear uproarious laughter -laughter that she knew - all too well- belonged to Michael. She spun around furiously, but as always, with a smile on her face.

‘’Michael!'’ she gave him a jab in the chest. ‘’Why do you always have to do that?' She chuckled a little, grabbing a paper towel to dap at her dress, by which time, Michael only laughed all the more.

‘’I’m sorry, Megs, I couldn’t help myself, you’re just so easy to mess with.’’
Megan gave Michael yet another glare, as she tried to remove the new fetching wine stain, but to no avail.

‘’Yeah, well, this stain on my dress is nothing to mess with.’’ Would water do the trick? Club soda? Ah, she could never remember. Michael watched her agonize over the stain, and for a brief shining moment, showed the tiniest bit of remorse, but then, in true character went back to his joking ways.

‘’Aw, that’s a shame Megs, it really is. Perhaps you’ll just have to…take it off?

Megan gasped a little, knowing he meant no harm, but still, greatly suspecting that one of these days, his notorious, shameless flirting was going to get him into a world of trouble.

‘’You better watch it, now,' Megan commanded playfully. ‘’You know I’m your brother’s number one girl.’’

‘’Yes, and I’m just waiting until you get tired of him, so I can show you what a real man is like.’’

But Megan wasn’t about to take that lying down. After all, she was Michael’s favorite sister-in-law for a reason. Unlike Michael’s other sisters-in-law, who would rather ignore him, and slap him in the face, Megan could match wits with him, and play right along. And he liked that about her.

‘’Well, in that case,' she challenged, ‘’when you find one, let me know.’’ She gave him a look that said, ‘take that," and sauntered off to find Robin.

‘Well played,' Michael thought. He placed both hands on his heart, and followed after her in a brisk walk.

‘’Darling, you wound me!'' He turned the corner, not only to find Megan, but to find her in the arms of his favorite little brother, Robin. They smiled at each other as only two brothers can smile, in a sort of high five of fraternity and general affection. As would normally happen, Robin was the first to speak.

‘’You hitting on my wife again, Mike?' Smiling, he turned to Megan. ‘’ Is this knuckle-head bothering you?'

‘’Ha! Isn’t he always?' Megan growled, giving Michael a playful push. Michael bit, though as always, turned even that into a joke.

‘’See what I mean, Rob? These ladies, they just can’t keep their hands off me! All three frogs chuckled, while Jared looked over, giving his brothers an impatient glare.

‘’Well,''Robin started, catching Jared’s gaze. ‘’You just make sure you keep YOUR hands off THIS lady.’’ He leaned in a little closer, giving Megan a light kiss on the cheek. Michael gave them a slightly disgusted, slightly envious look as he gazed on at the two of them. It was disgusting, the way his little brother and his wife were so lovey dovey all the time, though at the same time, it looked so..well..nice. But, as the Frogs were ever so good at doing, he shook the thought off at once, looking towards Jared and Jewel.

‘’So uh, are Nick and Grant here? Robin met him with a competitive smile. Together, Michael, Nicholas, Grant, and Robin were the four oldest children in the family, and the oldest brothers - Michael, of course, was the oldest, then Grant, then Nicholas, and Robin the youngest of the four. In tadpole-hood and beyond, these four were a force to be reckoned with, as they had an uncanny knack for getting into trouble and wreaking havoc. They even earned the nickname from their own mother of ‘The Fearsome Four.’

‘’Ready and waiting for YOU! Robin challenged. He let Megan go, and made his way over once again to the Twister board, a smile finally on Jared’s face.

‘’Then let’s not keep them waiting, Michael whispered, following Robin.

‘’Hey! Jerry! Nick! Grant! The fun has finally arrived! Hide your wives!'

Robin smiled, rolled his eyes, and shook his head. Awww, Mike. He looked behind and saw Megan, and beckoned for her to come to him. She did, albeit somewhat apprehensively.

‘’Uh, Rob? Do you think now we could have our little talk?' Robin looked over at her, perplexed.

‘’I thought we were going to talk later. Besides, we have guests to entertain now. We can’t let them down, now can we?'

Megan displayed a sour and disgruntled look on her face. ‘’No, no, can’t do that.’’ and added under her breath, ‘’you can give all the time in the world to your guests, but can’t give me a minute of your time? Oh boy!'' She begrudgingly held onto her husband’s hand all the same.

‘’What’s that, babe?'' Robin asked.

‘’Nothing,'' Megan snapped.

Uh-oh. Robin knew where this was going, though he certainly didn’t like where it was going. Pacifier time, he thought.

‘’Hey,'' Robin cooed. He smoothed a hand over her face, trying his gentlemanly best to soothe her. ‘’The second that everybody leaves, I promise I will listen to every word you have to say, okay? You have my word. But for right now, let’s just cut loose, and enjoy the party…Marcy.’’

Megan’s smile turned into a sneer. ‘’I thought we agreed you were never going to call me that again.’’

‘’Yes,'' Robin started, ‘’but that was before you started showin’ that sour face, Marcy! Marcy! Marcy!'''

‘’Ah! That’s it!'' Megan flew after Robin, half serious, half playing, and fully prepared to make Robin pay for his…slip of the tongue.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Funn-nee chapter. It's interesting to see the frog family dynamics at play. Worried about Megan, but I know you'll tell us about it as the story progresses. Thanks for the update. :smile:

green stuff

Reaction score
So sorry for the long long wait, everybody! I promise, chapter 7 is coming, much much faster!

Oh, and by the way! The names Michael, Nicholas, and Grant in chapter 6 are not coincidental! You'll see what I mean in chapter 7! See ya soon!

green stuff

Reaction score
Thanks, Count! I tried to make this chapter funny, so glad I did an ok job at it!

Nick22

Reaction score
i loved chapter six! this is probably my favorite fan fiction.