cotterpin and boober

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently downloaded Boober and the Glob from iTunes (and yes, I have seen it before), and I was wondering, do you think that Boober and Cotterpin make a good team?

I would have thought that team-up would have been interesting. After all, Boober is one of the few fraggles who doesn't like to have fun, and Cotterpin is one of the few Doozers who does like to have fun. But in that epsiode it seems like Cotterpin acts more like a regular doozer. She doesn't seem too interested in having fun, which is odd considering that she did have fun in previous episodes (I could be wrong, but I think that Mirror, Mirror was shown sometime between All Work, All PLay and Boober and the Glob). I wonder if she'd forgotten about Red by this episode (or vice-versa).

And I just started thinking, Boober doens't normally like to have fun, and neither do most Doozers... I wonder why Boober thinks of them as boring.

BEAR

Reaction score
Well...Boober has his own kind of fun, almost like Bert. That's kinda the way I see it. But I know what you mean. Good observation.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I think Cotterpin is more into having fun than the other Doozers. But when she's around Fraggles, there's still more of a difference (as she figures out in her first episode when she doesn't want to go swimming like a Fraggle). Plus there was still more distrust between the species than anything else.

That's a good point, you would think Boober would identify with the Doozers a bit more! But again, I guess it goes back to the distrust they have of each other. Boober may like to work, but he'd also be wary of anything strange and different like the Doozers.

I mean that's what the show's all about, the different species could be friends, but they're too busy misunderstanding each other to see it.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
What Boober and the other Fraggles don't understand is that the Doozers enjoy what they do. As much as a Fraggle loves to play, Doozers love to work. And though Boober works more than other Fraggles, he loves what he does and probably doesn't view it as work. Doozers on the other hand, though they love what they do, they don't think of it as play.

Like heralde said, it's more of a misunderstanding than anything else. Neither the Doozers or the Fraggles have really bothered to learn from each other and view each other's societies even though they live together.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As much as a Fraggle loves to play, Doozers love to work. And though Boober works more than other Fraggles, he loves what he does and probably doesn't view it as work. Doozers on the other hand, though they love what they do, they don't think of it as play.
That makes sense, the Fraggles see "play" as the positive and "work" as the negative (though they do it occasionally). While Doozers are just the opposite. Work is enjoyable and play is irrelevant. It's similar to the difference between the Rock Fraggle and the Cave Fraggles; they simply laugh at different jokes.

Foodie

Reaction score
The only main fraggle Cotterpin never " teamed up " with was Mokey. Most likely because they share the same voice... but I can't really see those two interacting. :smirk:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The only main fraggle Cotterpin never " teamed up " with was Mokey. Most likely because they share the same voice.
Hopefully that means--with Mokey's performer on board for the FR movie--Cotterpin may make at least a cameo appearance if she's not used readily.