moving eyes

Solaris

Reaction score
ok, i know how to make blinking eyes, but how do i make eyes that move side to side?

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
couldn't you make the mechanism slightly similar to the blinking eye (without the overhead eyebrow) but have a toggle going back and forth with the eyes in place? Not sure how to set it in the face though.

Solaris

Reaction score
i've thought of that. right now i have a trillion different potential diagrams for it going through my head. my mind will keep doing that until it's settled on one. then i'll put it on paper and then try it out.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I do the same thing. My problem is that I'll usually not try it for fear that it won't work. A serious hurdle I need to get over.

Reaction score
as the same hurdle i think everyone has and needs to conquer at one point in puppetry...

remember to come back on the forum and post how you did it, i am quite curious to see how it works!

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Here is a diagram I made to help you and others. I hope this helps some. I may do a simple video demo of this mech. It isn't my brainchild- I can't remember where I found this information (perhaps someone can remind me) but the mech does work and looks cool. Enjoy!

Conor IX

Reaction score
Brilliant! I haven't attempted these eyes yet, but was curious after watching Kermits Swamp Years the other day.

Greedo

Reaction score
Here is a diagram I made to help you and others. I hope this helps some. I may do a simple video demo of this mech. It isn't my brainchild- I can't remember where I found this information (perhaps someone can remind me) but the mech does work and looks cool. Enjoy!
Fabulous! Can't wait to try it out sometime:big_grin: