What are all the plays (high school or otherwise) you have been in?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I saw a thread like this on another board and I think that since some of us here are actors too I might as well make a discussion out of it. So what shows have you all been in?

In high school (my 2 years so far) I've been in...

Alice in Wonderland - Humpty Dumpty, my first show in high school. Had a lot of fun.

The Music Man - Constable Locke/Farmer in Iowa Stubborn, slightly smaller part but probably my favorite of the shows I've done in high school. First standing ovation a play ever got at my school after all.

Our Town - Mr. Carter and the angry guy in the balcony. Again, much smaller roles but we still had a blast doing it.

Hello Dolly - Policeman. Ugh... worst show I've ever done. Smallest part in the show and it didn't help that only the actress playing Dolly (whom was very full of herself the whole time) got any credit for being in the show. And besides, I don't think it's that great a musical as is. It's pretty much a sitcom pilot with songs.

As you can see, the director really likes to cast me as cops and farmers. But Hello Dolly was the straw that broke the camel's back for me unfortunately. The show was really unsatisfying for me. Next year our school is Little Shop of Horrors so I really hope I'll be able to be the Audrey 2 puppeteer. So what plays and musicals has anybody else been in?

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I love the theater. I was a Drama Club officer in high school and have really wanted to get back on stage for a while. The last time I performed was in 2001 when I played Escalus prince of Verona in Romeo and Juliet.

In high school I was in:

A Case for Two Detectives -Quentin Van Quentin
Into the Woods -The Mysterious Man
The Lottery -Delacrue
The Lottery -Old Man Warner (same play different character this time)
The Diary of Anne Frank -Mr. Dussel
The Music Man -Train Conductor/back-up character
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever -Tommy
Arsenic and Old Lace -Officer O'Harra
The Middle of Nowhere -Keeper of the machine
Murder's in the Air -Tommy Caliber

I'm sure you probably don't recognize that last one. That's because it's a play I wrote. It's a full length comedy/mystery I had written it out of sudden inspiration figuring it would be years before I got it preformed if ever but then I let my Drama teacher read it and she was so impressed she decided to use it. She gave me the option of directing it or performing I chose to perform (as you probably guessed Tommy Caliber is the detective/main character)

Still I did manage to maintain some control. I had to approve the casting choices and if I ever didn't like the direction she was going with the production I could put my foot down and say, No we're doing it my way. In the end my only real complaint was the set. I envisioned it more elaborate but otherwise the performance was a hit. I started writing a sequel but it never panned out.

Maestro

Reaction score
I am in high school, but I got involved in theatre in the 7th grade. In chronological order, I have been in -

The Will - A melodrama, but I can't really remember what it was about. I played an old, western-style sheriff - Sheriff Sharp

The Music Man - I played Mayor Shinn in all productions but one. Our district does something called "Musical Mania" in which the schools perform select numbers from their musicals. I played Harold Hill that night, performing "Ya Got Trouble"

The Magic Of Pants - This was my UIL One Act Play in the 8th grade, and is based of an old italian style of acting called commedia dell'arte. I played a decrepit, lecherous hypochondriac named Pantalone. By far my favorite role, it won me Best Actor out of the middle schools in my district.

Les Miserables - I played a convict, a revolutionary, and Fauchelevant (the man who is run over by a runaway cart).

Here's The Mail - A play I co-wrote and directed, it is based around something called the Story Corps project. My class interviewed friends and family, and we proceeded to turn those interviews into letters. Those were then integrated into the script. The main character is a mailman who lives a life of boredom and monotony and begins reading peoples' letters.

I would have been in many more productions thus far, but unfortunately my grades are not often on my side...:embarrassed:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
One of my schools did get smart- i was Professor Dante
then i was a few roles in a show which similir to SNL. I was an indian and an Igor inpersonator:crazy:

muppetmania1980

Reaction score
romeo romeo

well i was only in three plays and two musicals at my school

harvey......just a small part

they run in the family.......i was the wife

romeo and juliet.......juliet here

the musicals were:
oklahoma: i played the girl with the annoying laugh but i cant remember her name for the life of me

music man: i was one of the ladys in the group that put on the grecian urn sketch.....lol

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Let's see, I've played Don Quioxte in "Man of La Mancha", Brutus in "Julius Caesar", Simon Stimson in "Our Town" and The Teen Angel in "Grease" (Yes, I sang "Beauty School Dropout"...ecch!)
That was my High School play/musical resume'. I remember playing Oz in "The Wizard of Oz" in 3rd grade, but that's about all I can recall.

Katzi428

Reaction score
In Jr. high I was the Coroner Munchkin.:smile:
(but it was painful walking on my knees!:eek: )

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Well, I haven't really been in any before, but next fall/winter I shall be auditioning for three plays: the Sound of Music, Macbeth (the Scottish play), and Guys & Dolls.