Walk around Info

wes

Reaction score
Anyone know anyonw who is a walk around preformer or Do we have some folks here at MC.

I need some info, like workshops and assesory like a cooling vest.
We have a fellow at Zoo city who does a great job, but we can use a pros help to hone our skills.

Onath

Reaction score
I have done a lot of walkaround costumes. What kind of info are you looking for.

I Performed for Kaiju big battel for 7 years as many of their monsters.

www.kaiju.com

I also worked for a year as the official boston mascot the Boston baked bean.

Let me know your questions and I will do my best to answer in a timely fashion

wes

Reaction score
Our big thing Is how to keep cool? there's no fan in the costume. What have you done?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
limit time in suit, On avergae, a Performer should only be in it for 20 to 25 minutes at a time, Less if in Direct Sunlight

have someone standing by to help them in and out of the suit, they should not be left alone to wander, a "Wrangler" should always be on hand to help them out, have small fans ready to be placed in the perfromers face to help cool them if they can not remove the head and body,

they should wear thin clothing to help them cool inside.

Conor IX

Reaction score
Do people pass out ofter in these suits? Sounds like it.

wes

Reaction score
Thanks James, I gonna propose that we need to do that!

Conor IX, I had a friend that was out in a monkey suit for a couple of hours at a car wash the next day He was very sick, I guess he got dehydrated.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I use to work in a theme park but didnt do walk arounds, but they did wear ice pack vests.They said they sweat in all places they didnt know they could sweat in! Now some of them have kidney damage.The costumes are fairly heavy and they had to dance in them and it gets very hot here.They have to change over every 3o minutes.

Jinx

Reaction score
In an indoor situation (ie. shopping malls, etc) I could go for up to an hour, but even that was quite taxing. Outdors the 20 minute rule is very important to observe.

In either case, hydration is critical. And I would consider it an extremely good idea to have a wrangler handy at all times. People, in general, have NO idea what it is like in a walkaround, so having an advocate of sorts around at all times is important.