New Generation of Fantasy Films?!

melissa

Reaction score
hey frogboy4

Yes I totally agree with your ideas....

But do you think, (They should make the storyteller into a movie)

Labyrinth 2 and dark crystal (YES FOR A SEQUEAL :smile:

melissa :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the Storyteller has a huge sort of springboard for a sequel. The Dark Crystal could have an amazing prequel. Labyrinth could be interesting with a new girl (or guy) in the same circumstances of being trapped Labyrinth. Maybe with a Goblin Queen (Cyndi Lauper) instead or along with the Goblin King. Maybe it could be a team of friends going through the Labyrinth together. That could be fun. Heck, maybe it could get all Neverending Storyesque and have the kids go back to save the world of the Labyrinth. There are endless possibilities. Yes, Sarah's story arch was complete, but there could be another story with the characters.

I'm not a big fan of sequels, but these are very possible if done right.

Fuzzyshine

Reaction score
I would lik if labyrinth and Dark crystal were kind of left alone, I think there special and complete. I would love to see storyteller!
And what if they do direct to dvd and video? then crazy fans like us would get what we want! And they can add more shipments if neccasary

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Don't hate me for this.....

I KNOW this is NOT gonna be a very popular idea....But, it's been a few years since the JHC Creature Shop has done a fantasy movie all on their own, and Jim's creative genus is no longer there.....Maybe they should, as a start, adapt a really good fantasy book into a movie. I've never been very comfortable w/sequels, and the thought of a DC2 or Labyrinth 2 seems kinda iffy to me. Can anybody think of any really good fantasy books/stories they'd like to see made into a movie? I can think of one I read years ago, I think it was called "Silverwings"....It's about bats. It had a very dark tone, if I remember....That's all just my opinion......Don't hate me for it!!!!

melissa

Reaction score
thanks!

we vaule your opion (my friend) We won't get mad.

melissa

Fuzzyshine

Reaction score
Fantasy films

I think anything by Peter s Beagle would be good (the last unicorn, a fine and private place, tamsin). I also just read a book by charles de lint. Theres some great fantasy authors out there. C'mon JHC! Please your fans!

Reaction score
Re: thanks!

Originally posted by melissa
we vaule your opion (my friend) We won't get mad.
melissa
THANK YOU!!!
I grew up on the Chronicles of Narnia.....And we already know the JHC can make a REALLY COOL lion....And I'd LOVE to see one of those stories actually made into a DECENT movie....That might seem like too much for a kid audience, though....

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Great news, Manda. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is currently in pre-production as a major feature-length movie! The director is one of the co-directors of Shrek. It's going to be live-action mixed with CGI. Right now the director's busy with Shrek 2, so it probably won't be out till 2004 or 2005. You can find updates (when they come) at the excellent website Into the Wardrobe. I'm doing this from memory, but I believe the site is:

cslewis.drzeus.net

I agree that the Creature Shop could do some fabulous work on LWW. They were originally attached to the project in the mid-90's when John Boorman was assigned to direct, produced by Kennedy/Marshall. It's just as well this didn't go through, though, as K/M wanted to make some RADICAL alterations to the text. The new version promises to be much more faithful.

Check out "No Strings Attached," a book about the Creature Shop, sometime. They discuss some of the development of this project, and there are pictures of a CGI centaur that was apparently part of this development process. Very cool to look at!

Reaction score
Thanks, Chilly Down!!!! I'll have to find "No Strings Attached" sometime....And I am VERY much looking forward to that LW&W movie!!!! :big_grin: