The Festival of the Bells is Upon Us

WemblinKate

Reaction score
So it seems like forever since I've posted, but trust me, with school, honors classes, being in 2 shows, speech team, and jazz choir, I'm lucky I'm still alive right now. Anyways, The Festival of the Bells is coming up, it's Saturday actually, and as tradition since I believe Muppet Central Forum began, every December 21st we have a whole Fraggle Chat and we ring our bells at a certain prearranged time. Now although I have participated since the beginning I have never actually been able to attend the chat for one reason or another but this year I can so I'm really looking forward to it. However, it's December 19th and nobody has posted anything about it yet. So is it going to happen this year? What time are we gonna ring our bells? I don't remember who usually plans all this but I know it was never me. But if we need someone to do it, because I'd like it to happen. It's become a tradition and one I'd like to keep. It's a nice feeling that we're all out there ringing our bells at once, believing in the magic and wonder of Fraggle Rock, just for one moment. I've always enjoyed it. Anyways, just thought I'd bring the topic up. I hope it does happen but if not enough people are interested than I guess it won't. Just think about it and let me know.

-Wemblin' Kate

Luke

Reaction score
I don't know about this site, but i think another may have an event possibly planned.

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Oh really, what site? Because I believe I've checked all the Fraggle Sites recently to see if anyone had said anything. At least, the sites I know about.

-Wemblin' Kate

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Katie,

Thanks for your message. Our annual "Festival of the Bells" chats have always been a fun time and way of officially bringing in the holidays since 1998. Our friend Chris Andrese has always been a big part of these chats each year.

Unfortunately, we won't be having a chat at least as we usually do this year (due to moving from Delphi). But maybe we can do it here on the forum. Typically we ring our bells at 9 pm central/10 pm eastern. If you (or another member) would like to start a discussion we can still ring our bells as always at that time to usher in the holiday season. It's also neat to hear the different kinds of bells people use. From a cat bell, to a cow bell, or even a school bell, people have used all kinds of things over the years!

Also, around this same time tomorrow night, we'll be beginning our all-Christmas music rotation on Muppet Central Radio, so maybe we can combine both of these things together in order to bring in the holiday season.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
It's also neat to hear the different kinds of bells people use. From a cat bell, to a cow bell, or even a school bell, people have used all kinds of things over the years!
You can actually hear our bells? That's so cool!

What other powers have you been holding out on us Phil?

:big_grin:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Welp, you know what they say...

"Every time a bell rings, a Kevin in Tennessee gets his hair."

Or somethin' like 'at.

:rolleyes:

Luke

Reaction score
If people really want a chat and MC can't do it, and Warrick doesn't plan one now either then it'd be no problem for me to put a chat room up on my own server for the night and put a link to it in a thread here. Kinda an unofficial festival of the bells - if enough people are up for it at the times Phil suggested then i'd do it. Of course nothing will top the year we held a simultaneous voice chat/text chat so you really could hear the bells ringing !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Hey,
I was planning it and still am, But i didnt realise it was the 20th already !

I NEED TO SHOP !

LOL!

Anyway, on the 21st at 8pm Central Time (i suppose) there will be a chat at my Fraggle Forum !

http://fragglerock.iboardplus.com/index.cgi

Be sure to check it out !

See ya