The Henson.com Action Figure Poll

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody remember the poll that henson.com held on it's website back in may 2001, regarding a Muppet action figure line? This was a few months before it was announced that Palisades would make the figures.

When the poll was mad,e it was said that there were plans for a colection of Muppet action figures, and sometime after the line was officially announced, Ken Lily said that he'd often pitched the idea of Muppet figures for years, and they got the license in august 2001, and I later saw a post from him saying that he knew nothing of the poll. I'm pretty sure that Palisades made the pitch after may 2001, but I could be wrong.

But it is weird that Henson said that there were plans, and then a deal was made. I feel like an announcement like that was a bit risky, unless Henson was actually hoping for a line and was confident that a company would buy the license at the time. Of course, I think I also saw a Muppet Central article about Henson's plans for the Muppet Show's 25th anniversary, announcing things that weren't made. I think a Veterinarians Hospital game was one of them, but I'm not sure.

Of course, I wonder if a different company planned to make the figures then cancled, and then Palisades got the rights.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Back when I worked at ReSaurus, we were pitching the concept of a figure line to Henson pretty intensely, and that didn't pan out. When I left ReSaurus and went to Palisades I suggested it to the bosses there and we pitched it to Henson. Not sure what happened between the ReSaurus pitch and the Palisades pitch but I am sure other people may have expressed interest or something.

And remember that Henson may have known about the pitch, we may have been negotiating and they may have put up a poll to gauge interest during those negotiations. I can't say for certain that this was the case, but it is just one possible scenario.

-Ken