Carroll Spinney

Brooklyn

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I was recently at an awards event in NYC, and one of the presenters was none other than Caroll Spinney aka :wisdom: aka :grouchy: .

I usually go to a lot of these type of events but rarely do I go up to someone that I admire - - I went up to Carroll. He was a very sweet man, and beyond generous with his time.

I know that you all are true dedicated fans, and just wanted to share my night. He presented the winners for best books for young adults, and he did it with :grouchy:. As he went up to the podium with Oscar, Oscar turned to look at him, and turned to the audience, "You are probably wondering why I invited you all here tonight..."

It was touching to see how nice he was to a mostly adult audience as they - one by one - came up to him to greet him and tell their stories about how his characters and Sesame Street were a big part of their childhood.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
That's REALLY cool! I always wanted to meet him! Im so jealous! Ever read his biography? Its a very good book.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I met Carroll Spinney briefly when I was interning for the Jim Henson Company and they let me visit the Sesame set during that time. He was very nice and accommodating.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
He had just finished the last episode of the Sesame Street season earlier that day, said it was probably the best scripts he read in the last 20 years. He was very excited about the humor for the forthcoming season.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
Wanted to share something with you guys to see what your thoughts are. I asked Caroll if he was doing anything different with Big Bird and/or Oscar to get the kids of today into the show and the whole Sesame Street culture. He said that he wasn't aware of anything new.

I thought it would be a cool idea to have Caroll read classic nursery stories to the kids via a free podcast on itunes. He could host a show there, and have other characters come on and read too. Sort of a throw back to old radio shows -- w/ sound effects added, etc. Many kids have ipods or at least a way to listen to them (home computer).

He thought it was an interesting idea, what do you think?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Firstly, his name is Caroll. C-A-R-O-L-L (no, it doesn't matter that it's mis-spelled as Carroll in the credits for both The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper, it's still Caroll. :smile:).

Secondly, that sounds like a really good idea! I like it. It would be interesting to see it get pulled off.

:grouchy: :wisdom: <--- grouchy wisdom

Rose

Reaction score
I like the sounds of this idea myself. It would be cool if he was to read stories to little kids. For some reason he always reminded me as Kaptan Kangaroo the old scholl KK not the newer one. I think he would be a wonderful narrator and he has sutch a kind and careing nature he would so fit the build.

Wanted to share something with you guys to see what your thoughts are. I asked Carroll if he was doing anything different with Big Bird and/or Oscar to get the kids of today into the show and the whole Sesame Street culture. He said that he wasn't aware of anything new.

I thought it would be a cool idea to have Carroll read classic nursery stories to the kids via a free podcast on itunes. He could host a show there, and have other characters come on and read too. Sort of a throw back to old radio shows -- w/ sound effects added, etc. Many kids have ipods or at least a way to listen to them (home computer).

He thought it was an interesting idea, what do you think?