John Landis in "The Muppets Take Manhattan"

Elwood Blues

Reaction score
Boy, imagine how cool that must've been to see that installment of the series for the first time and seeing this comedy directing legend in it! And I'm not just calling him a legend because he directed The Blues Brothers. Mr. Landis has made some of America's most timeless comedies, including:

Animal House
Trading Places
Spies Like Us
Coming To America
Innocent Blood
and others

He also directed the cult 1981 horror classic "American Werewolf in London".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And Muppet performer and MTM director Frank Oz made cameos in some of Landis' films. I tink I've read somewhere that Frank Oz wanted Landis to make a cameo in The Muppets Take Manhattan since he'd made cameos in John Landis' movies and wanted him to cameo in his solo directorial debut. Other Muppet performers have also made cameos in John Landis movies, and the Muppets have been references in his movies as well (and in two of them, Frank Oz's real name, Frank Oznowitz, or however it's spelled, is heard on an airplane interrcom).

And did you know that in the big finale in The Muppet Movie that John Landis actually performed Grover?

Elwood Blues

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember the intercomm thing from Coming To America. What other people involved with The Muppets were in Landis' movies?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Jim Henson made a cameo in Into the Night as "Man on Phone" (this is the other movie to reference Frank Oz's real name), and Richard Hunt played Wilson in Trading Places (in which Frank Oz also made a cameo as "Corrupt Cop"). And An American Werewolf in London featured a clip from The Muppet Show, and the credits listed Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy as themselves because of it.

Oh, and out of those movies, I've only seen Trading Places.

Elwood Blues

Reaction score
Jim Henson made a cameo in Into the Night as "Man on Phone" (this is the other movie to reference Frank Oz's real name), and Richard Hunt played Wilson in Trading Places (in which Frank Oz also made a cameo as "Corrupt Cop"). And An American Werewolf in London featured a clip from The Muppet Show, and the credits listed Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy as themselves because of it.

Oh, and out of those movies, I've only seen Trading Places.
Whoa, I'll have to watch "Into The Night" now, and rewatch Trading Places.