Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Me so excited about both books, but more excited 'bout this one.

Since the writer of Street Gang supposedly interviewed people over the last 5 years, I wonder if that one will be that Saturday Night Live book, I think it's called Live from New York! where cast members give quotes about the show.

So it's official, the Michael Davis writing the book is not Michael Earl Davis... Or Mike Davis, the former Indiana Hoosiers basketball coach. Man, that seems to be a common name.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, here's the question. Will these basically biography novels about the show, or will one be something more coffee table-esque, like SS Upaved was- with photos and small stories? Either way, I want to get them both.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
So what's the difference between the two?
About 128 pages and 56 days...wocka, wocka! :embarrassed:

Seriously, here's what I've been able to gather about the two...

"A Celebration of Forty Years" will be more like a coffee-table book (similar to "Unpaved"). This book will provide an insider's view on many of the show's characters, as well as the writers, directors, and other creators. The book will also include hundreds of rare photographs from the Sesame Workshop archives, plus it will feature excerpts from scripts, and even some of Jim Henson's original sketches. This 256-page hardcover book, by Louise Gikow, will be released on November 1st.

"Street Gang" will be more of the traditional text-based narrative. This book shares the impressive oral history of Sesame Street (culled from more than 200 personal interviews with those involved with the show) in a standard chapter-by-chapter form. This 384-page hardcover book, by Michael J. Davis, will be released on December 26th.

zns

Reaction score
Either way, they both sound good. :insatiable: :batty: :super:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Weird how one of the books is being released just after Christmas. But I guess that's for the relatives you forgot to buy for, hehe.

zns

Reaction score
This might sound a little weird, but I noticed that the book should be a couple pages longer than Jim Henson: The Works, so that might prove that it will be more extensive than Sesame Street Unpaved was. But anyway, we'll have to see how good it is. :batty: :insatiable: :excited:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a Book reader, but I'll willing to wait until I see it in print before deciding to buy it.:insatiable:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Sounds cool! My question is, I don't own Sesame Street Unpaved, so will I be missing anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.