Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Fraggle T-shirts would be AWESOME.... *sighs*

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Yeah, maybe we'll see a bunch of stuff at Hot Topic or something... hey, it's better than nothing :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, if that Toy company released those Fraggle Toys when they were supposed to, and not waiting for the movie, they would have been the pre-hype toy. I mean, look how big the muppets got after Palisades came on to the scene.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
An item that could explain hold-up in Fraggle Movie financing. I think the Fraggles could be a BIG hit for Weinstein. They really need to fund the film and get it off the ground. The Fraggles could very well save a failing film company. However, these things are said about this and other film studios all the time. Still, I'm concerned. :smirk:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
An item that could explain hold-up in Fraggle Movie financing. I think the Fraggles could be a BIG hit for Weinstein. They really need to fund the film and get it off the ground. The Fraggles could very well save a failing film company. However, these things are said about this and other film studios all the time. Still, I'm concerned. :smirk:
Yeah, I heard about this yesterday. Inglorious Basterds really needs to be a hit for Weinstein to really go on at this point. They actually could be in pretty grave financial danger. I'd be concerned and let's all hope Weinstein gets a hit by the end of the year.

Nick22

Reaction score
let's hope a hit comes rolling around for them soon, or, most likely, our beloved fraggle movie that we have been awaiting will be no more.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
That's certainly not good news. If the bottom does fall, I hope Henson can pull FR clean away and line it up with someone else.

They really need to fund the film and get it off the ground.
The fact it's not off the ground yet might actually be for the best. The amount of money committed to the project must be minimal at this point. If financing isn't solid, it's better to have that known now rather than face a major issue down the road. It would be much more horrible if the project was shot down once it actually took off.

Treading carefully would be in Henson's best interest, and I'm sure that's what they'll be doing. If things go well all the way to the end, I hope it's the hit the Weinsteins need.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
So, maybe we should all agree to see this movie?

Nick22

Reaction score
So, maybe we should all agree to see this movie?
absolutely! we should make everyone recite (retype) a promise oath. :smile:

i'll definitely be seeing it, if everything works out. and if everything does work out, the movie better be beyond good! we've waited a long time, and still waiting!

wouldn't it be beyond awesome if all the MC members who decide to go could get their own private theater where we can all go and see it? i dont know. i can dream, right?