Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

lds1987

Reaction score
I hope the Fraggle Rock movie is really good, my son will like it no matter what, but here lately the "tv people" have been ruining all of the good older shows.

Nick22

Reaction score
I hope the Fraggle Rock movie is really good, my son will like it no matter what, but here lately the "tv people" have been ruining all of the good older shows.
well i wouldn't get yer hopes up. who knows if this movie will even end up happening at all....

muppet baby

Reaction score
well i wouldn't get yer hopes up. who knows if this movie will even end up happening at all....

Nick 22 you are right i have been thinking about that i mean weather it will happen at all , i really hope it will because i think the movie will be a good think , it may have it's flaws epeally waiting so many years to do it , who knows

beakerfan76

Reaction score
If it does end up being made, I just hope it isn't like every other movie based on an 80's franchise, where the only resemblance to the original source is either the characters or the title.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it does end up being made, I just hope it isn't like every other movie based on an 80's franchise, where the only resemblance to the original source is either the characters or the title.
Ironically, that's pretty much the reason WHY the film's not going to be made. :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least Corey stuck to his principles.

I hope if nothing else Weinstine goes completely bankrupt because of this.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I thought they were still retooling the script and bringing in somebody other than Cory to punch it up. Have we heard any new news yet? :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought they were still retooling the script and bringing in somebody other than Cory to punch it up. Have we heard any new news yet? :coy:
Nope. I guess this film will never be done. I don't like the idea of punching anything up, especially with the mindset Weinstein has. make it edgy. There's no way the film needs that sort of cynic style. But hey, no wonder why Gnome movies get made and this as been in development purgatory for so many years.

If we hear something in the near future that this thing is going forward, then I'll be a little more optimistic about this film.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think of those as zombie movies, they have a series skin but nothing else :frown:. If the FR movie has to be a zombie to be made and the people that really care about the series are saying 'no we won't do that' I think that is one of the best reasons for no movie we could have.
After all, it is nice to think that FR won't go the way of Land Before Time at least...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's the real deal...

Weinstine doesn't WANT to make this movie. They don't want to make ANY movies. They want to cling onto whatever money they have left, suck their thumbs and crawl into a corner and cry about how they thought they would be HUGE!

The finding a new writer to make the film "edgy" is a ploy. They're stalling for time until Henson gives up. They pulled the same idiotic stunt with Hoodwinked 2. From what I heard, the producers of that film actually sued them to stop blocking the film's production... And it's getting a "who cares?" DVD release. Actually, I'm glad that the FR film hasn't gone into production yet. We'd get it rushed to DVD and not the big theatrical release it deserves.

Seriously... if anyone from Henson is reading this. DUMP THEM! They've been dragging their feet for years on this film, stalling for time trying to get it not made, and Happytime Murders film is actually going somewhere thanks to Lionsgate, a corporate partner for Henson that released a good amount of their back catalog of TV specials owned by Henson. if there's some dumb contractual thing keeping them from going to another studio all together, sue them. it's YOUR intellectual property. Keep Corey's script, go to Lionsgate, get this thing out.

(Really thinks the thread should be retitled "Weisntine sits its big, fat, sorry for itself butt on the Fraggle Movie")

Redsonga

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know things were going so badly for them...