TMS Season 4 Bonus Feature Thoughts

CBPuppets

Reaction score
what kind of bonus features would you guys wish to see on the Season 4 DVD? I know it's kinda early for this but I have so musch to share. I for one would see that "A Frog is Born" Special, More Muppet Commercials, "The Muppets Celebration of 30 years", and that 60 Minutes special about the Muppets.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would love to see more of Jim being Jim ya know he had suck karisma on Muppet on Puppets he was so good on that. I want more Jim!

ploobis

Reaction score
Lets see, I'm not gonna hold my breath on them but here are my ideas for Bonus Features for future The Muppet Show season 4 DVD set.

1. "A Frog Is Born" feature

2. More interviews from the "Company of Players" feature

3. "Tales of Tinkerdee"

4. Audio Commentaries on selected episodes by some of the puppeteers.

"THERE YA HAVE IT, FOLKS!" :smile: :embarrassed: :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just more specials in general. There are many classic specials that could be included. We wannum!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
More behind the scenes, Of Muppets and Men, 60 Minutes, Muppets Go the Movies, Muppets Go to Disney World, Muppets Go to Hollywood. They deserve to see the light of day after all this time! :smile:

David French

Reaction score
Of Muppets & Men should be left until Season Five.

The 60 Minutes report would be good.

I would ignore some of those other specials though - ideally we want things that are relevant to TMS.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Two unaired pilot versions of the Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens episodes would be good also.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
The tales from Muppetland Specials would be kinda cool as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The first season set had mostly pre-Muppet Show material that was used to pitch the series. The second set had mostly Mupet material that was made years after the show ended. And the third set has mostly pre-Muppet Show material that wasn't neccessarily meant to pitch the show (and in blakc and white). Maybe the enxt sets bonus features should have more variety.

Without trying to list too much, I'd like for it to have:
  • more commercials: the remaining Purina Dog Chow comercials (season 3 includes four of them, out of 7), Ideal Toys, American Express, Polaroid, Crooncy Stars, and Ford Hybrid.
  • pre-recorded material for The Muppet Show on Tour, The Muppet Show on Tour: 2nd Edition, Here Comes the Muppets, and The Muppet Show Live (maybe the Juliet Prowse version of the Mahna Mahna skecth could be reedited with footage shot for The Muppet Show Live).
  • the Jim Henson Retrospective shot for season 1.
  • more interviews with the cast and crew. It's obvious that more was shot for A Company of Players, and far back in advance.
  • The Muppets tribute to Jim Henson during Henson's induction into the Television Hall of Fame.
  • the 60 Minutes appearance.
  • Show Promos. Maybe some more from the previous seasons (two season one promos, four each from seasons 2 and 3, and 6 from season 4).
  • music videos: Kokomo and Wipe Out.
  • The return of Mupet Morsels, just not on every episode. Maybe just the ones with Phyllis George, Christopher Reeve, and Arlo Gutherie.
  • audio commentary for the episodes with John Denver, the Star Wars cast, and Diana Ross.

I think that season five should have Of Muppets and Men, and would be okay if that's the only feature on that set (though The Mupets on Puppets is an hour-long special, and season three was able to include that and other features).

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I would like to see the old Wilkins Coffee and LaChoy Dragon Commercials as well as any of the aforementioned specials.