What movie are you planning on, going to see?

Drtooth

Reaction score
No. And what is up with "You Don't Mess with the Zohan"? It looks like Balki Bartokomous the movie.:stick_out_tongue:
Seems like he's trying to get one up on both Sacha Baron Cohen (sp?) and someone else from Saturday night live. This somehow seems like something Chris Kattan or Jimmy Fallon would do, if they still had a film career. Even Will Ferrel would have done something similar.(though, if he was in a film like it, it would take place in the early 80's, and he'd be a Russian)

anytimepally

Reaction score
The only movie I'm excited about seeing this year is Quantum of Solace, although because they got Nimoy back for Star Trek, I'll probably see that too

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This somehow seems like something Chris Kattan or Jimmy Fallon would do, if they still had a film career.
Or At least something they would have done as leftovers had Adam Sandler rejected it and did something else instead.

Even Will Ferrel would have done something similar.(though, if he was in a film like it, it would take place in the early 80's, and he'd be a Russian)
LOL! I could so see him doing that!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I'm going to see Sex And The City tomorrow, and I really want to see The Happening as well

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The word is that the Incredible Hulk is good as is Kung Fu Panda. I'll be catching those. Two hours and thirty minutes of Sex and the City in the theater might prove to be too much for even my sensibilities. I'll likely wait for the DVD.

The blockbusters I am really looking forward to include: WALL-E (of course), Hellboy II: The Golden Army (the first film was fantastic and this is the director of Pan's Labyrinth and the upcoming Hobbit films), The Dark Knight (most anticipated film for me this year - I love the Joker and this one reportedly out-performs Jack), X-Files: I Want to Believe (I miss Mulder and Scully).

Luke

Reaction score
X-Files should be a good one, though not sure i can remember the story, so long ago. 2009 should be interesting what with He-Man, Transformers 2, and others.

I am really excited about the new Batman!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Dark Knight (most anticipated film for me this year - I love the Joker and this one reportedly out-performs Jack),
Yeah, but does he outperform Caesar or Mark? Just kidding. I can't wait to see how the Joker is portrayed here.

I was initially disappointed with how the Joker was portrayed in The Batman (the new animated series that just ended this year), but after a while, I got to like him being a weird, sadistic, crazy guy. I do prefer him as some sort of sadiostic gangster, but that's just me. And I have to hand it to Kevin Michael Richardson. I mean, he was channelling a bit of Mark for the role, but he really did make it his own.

Anyway, I'm planning on seeing Bleach tonight. It's basically just a 2 night engagement (just like the live action Death Note movie was... and I missed it), but nothing beats seeing cartoons and anime on the big screen.

Two hours and thirty minutes of Sex and the City in the theater might prove to be too much for even my sensibilities. I'll likely wait for the DVD.
Yeah. i heard it was basically like watching a DVD of the show, in an episode by episode marathon play. I mean, a couple nods to fans, and I'd say it seems like the live action movie equivilant of an aniversary OVA (Japanese DTV anime term). Personally, I fail to see the appeal of this show. Not so much just that i'ts out of my demographic, but I just cannot watch anything about spoiled people living better than me. Of course, I love Ducktales, but Scrooge EARNED his money.

But, movies based on TV shows are usually hit or miss. The 1960's Batman movie was made just to sell it to foreign markets... and then they tried the X-Files film with mixed results (I wonder if this one will get a better reception). And things are a little different if they're cartoons. And I ain't talking the live action remakes. I mean actual cartoons based on the cartoons while they're still on TV. South park, Beavis and Butthead, the Simpsons, Spongebob, and the first 2 Rugrats films did well... stuff like Powerpuff Girls and Hey Arnold and the Jetsons were flops.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
stuff like Powerpuff Girls and Hey Arnold and the Jetsons were flops.
I thouhg hay Arnold's movie was just too loud and didn't match at all with the tome of the show. But I used to love me some Jetsons The Movie! Man, can Mel Blanc scream some "Jetson":eek:, lol! I really Liked The Power Puff Girls movie, but it came out at a time where one to many huge releases were coming out and I think that hurt it in a lot of ways.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thouhg hay Arnold's movie was just too loud and didn't match at all with the tome of the show.

I don't know. It really felt like watching the show, and that they didn;t change things up too much (PPG underwent a character design change, and was starkly darker than the rest of the series), and even the scene transitions were the same as the tv version. Plus, I like how they kept celebrity voice casting to a minimum. If thetre's one thing you don't wanna do, it's Hollywood a film like that up.

Plus, it came out at a really bad time as well. And Hey Arnold, as popular as it is, doesn't match the popularity of Rugrats or Spongebob when their respective movies were released.

Plus, I guess it plays better on TV than a big screen anyway.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't know. It really felt like watching the show, and that they didn;t change things up too much
I mean the marketing and advertising for it. That was loud and annoying and was enouhg to turn me away from it even through I really like the show. But I've sen the movie and it is really good.