I won't grow up, I won't, I won't! - Peter Pan Appreciation

Redsonga

Reaction score
I just realized there was a movie with a blonde Pan...
I just realized that blonde Pan ws a woman. ><
The play version of Peter is played more often by a woman than a man because it is easier for a woman to play a little boy than a grown man...

Anyway, the newer live action Peter Pan was blonde and a boy with curly hair...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
When did Hook come out, '91? I think it saw it in theaters :big_grin: I was but 10 and not yet a pirate. And I've always wanted to replicate the nursery room! Who would it be for, you ask? Myself! I'd having the flowing curtain, the paintings on the wall, everything!

Yes, I really hate growing up. Every year I dread my birthday, and it gets worse all the time. What I wouldn't give to be able to PLAY again - have recess, get out all my Barbies, etc. It would make me so much happier if I had that freedom. Makes me sound strange, doesn't it? What people would think if they saw me actually doing those things! And since I don't ever plan to have kids, the "It's for my daughter" excuse wouldn't really work :stick_out_tongue:

I still have a grip on my imagination, though. I still look at things through the eyes of a child. I can always spot an excellent climbing tree, or wonder what it would be like if little creatures (think The Littles) lived under my porch or in the glove compartment of a car. I listen to music and let my mind wander, I write, I always appreciate a good fable or bedtime story. Not many people are like me, I guess.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I feel like Childhood was to controlled by somebody else and I feel that way about adult hod too. But they both have their advantages and disadvantages. The difference being an adult, stupid mistake or good idea, it was really all you're choosing.:cool: But I would never want to be a child again.:stick_out_tongue: That's just me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Captain hook is the best part. And I think that Hans Conried was the BEST Hook there was.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
didn't mean to ruin everybodys mood, heh! But I really liked the movie "Hook"!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yes, I really hate growing up. Every year I dread my birthday, and it gets worse all the time. What I wouldn't give to be able to PLAY again - have recess, get out all my Barbies, etc. It would make me so much happier if I had that freedom. Makes me sound strange, doesn't it? What people would think if they saw me actually doing those things! And since I don't ever plan to have kids, the "It's for my daughter" excuse wouldn't really work
You can play with toys :smile:
I still play with my ponies and collect toys, there is no shame in it at all, and I don't have a baby.
The thing is you have to not care what others think. You can play just as well as you ever did, it's just that at a certain age people tell you you 'can't' anymore and it is simply not true:excited: ! If you want to climb a tree, climb a tree! To heck with stares :coy: !

Beauregard

Reaction score
Agreed, Red! I was always looking for climbing trees while I was at uni, and every now and then I'd climb one. My friends actually came to admire that I could turn childhood back on and had an excellent imagination, and I think some were jealous. Especially because they were afraid of heights :stick_out_tongue:

I often concider getting all my teddies (and stuffed animals) back out for one last game. They all had really complex realationships with one another (i.e. My scarecrow was in love with my sisters ragdoll Janice, but Janice still held a secret crush on Lion because they'd gone out before Lion married Dusty (a bear). Or, my panda was inseperable friends with my elephant and they never did anything without the other.)

I'd love to have a final game which ties up all the loose ends.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
That's awesome, Beau!
I love that web of relationships you've strung, it has potential humor for an actual cartoon. Very unique!

My doodles consist of a man who is in love with a potato.
People look at it and can't help but get amused because it's so weird and "child-like".

I don't have toys to express my imagination fully, so pencil and paper do just the trick! Those are my final games. ;P

The reason why I was deprived of my toys was 'cause I kept ripping their heads off ordrawing mustaches on them. XP

Seriously.

Oh, Red!
That's so cute!
Nothing wrong in still having toys.
I know people in their late sixties who have bundles of stuffed animals and toys...

Heck, my dad is obsessed with fluffies...but he'd never admit to it. :stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've never actually seen Alice in Wonderland. I've read the book, and heard the radio-play, though.