The Disney Store

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Just saw a huge billboard for 101 Dalmations 2!??!?! WTefff?
No, Eisner & Co do not have any shame (They'd charge people to use the restaurant bathrooms at DL if he knew they could get away with it).
Fortunately, there has been an online petition up for a while now trying to prevent a sequel to SNOW WHITE. The thing has recieved thousands of signatures; hopefully SNOW WHITE II won't get made. I tell you ... if it ever does, I'll have some major **** to raise! I hate the idea of full-length sequels to Disney's animated films, but I'd much rather have DUMBO II than SNOW WHITE II.
Sign the DS petition and/or join the campaign, y'all

kansasteen14

Reaction score
hate to tell ya this but there has never been plans for Snow White 2 and Petitions dont do a bit.There is a Roger Rabbit petition that has some 2,000 signatures and it's truly heartfelt and it's been around for over a year, but it hasnt done much, It may have helped get the DVD out but that's it, online petitions dont help,sorry.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
JTLUK, I didn't start the SW II petition (Incase you were thinking that :smile: ). And A while back, Disney was actually toying with the idea of a sequel to SW; they were considering making it. Do the overwhelming amounts of protest help? Who knows? But, one thing is certain: if nothing is done, "nothing" will ever have a chance of changing. Fighting for what is right, and what we believe in, feels good; it feels good to know we're standing up for what's right, and what we believe in.

wolfy

Reaction score
If that one person feels like a shut-in because they have only been to a Disney store and a Sesame Street store a time or two, what the heck must I be?

I have been to a Disney store once. ONCE! When we went to go again, both the Disney and Warner Brother stores had been closed, forever...

I don't shop DS online, but I do get their catalog. I hate it; it caters to little girls (I have boys), the clothing sizes are for children who can wear up to size 10 (usually an 8), the clothing for the men and women only go up to size 14 (they think this is an EXTRA LARGE sometimes!) for women and a XL for men (meaning a 42-44 chest). I don't know whose dreamworld THEY live in, but it's not the reality of my world...My youngest was wearing size 10s when he was SIX!

Excuse me, Disney company...they grow kids a LOT bigger these days!!

I have written and complained, I have called and complained and I have emailed and complained. I receive the same answer each time..."Yes, we know about this problem, and you are not the first to ask us to make larger clothing for our customers. We have put in requests for the larger clothing, and in our next catalog you should find some. Please be patient with us..."

Hey, I've been patient for over 6 years now...I really think it's time for ACTION!!

And I am a collector...they have limited supplies and I have limited funds. They have EXTREME prices and I have extreme limitied funds. Anyone else see a vicious circle of "not getting anywhere" here besides me?

And as for tickets to any of the theme parks in America...let me put it this way...

We have been telling our son since he was about three that, as soon as we can afford it, we'll go to Disneyland or Universal Studios or one of the other theme parks in America. Well, he'll be 18 in about two weeks, and his brother has been hearing this same tune from us since HE was about three...

We make about $50T gross per year, but with all the bills and medical problems, we're lucky to buy groceries and get from one payday to the next. I don't know about "starving people in Malaysia" who wonder about the families who spend $80 plus just to get into the gate at these places...I wonder about ME wondering about how the heck these people can afford it!
wolfy

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E
No, Eisner & Co do not have any shame (They'd charge people to use the restaurant bathrooms at DL if he knew they could get away with it).
Fortunately, there has been an online petition up for a while now trying to prevent a sequel to SNOW WHITE. The thing has recieved thousands of signatures; hopefully SNOW WHITE II won't get made. I tell you ... if it ever does, I'll have some major **** to raise! I hate the idea of full-length sequels to Disney's animated films, but I'd much rather have DUMBO II than SNOW WHITE II.
Sign the DS petition and/or join the campaign, y'all

I cannot believe they actually still do this... I mean, rerelease the old ones, don't ***** them up! Jungle Book 2 was pure bull crap, and they could have made just as much rereleasing the original to theaters than this crappy version.

I'd like to see what they would do for Snow White 2...

"The queen didn't really die... she fell into a casym, but grabbed on to a ledge and dissappeared long enough for this stuff to all happen"
\\
Yeah right.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

I used to work there in the early 90's and it was a fabulous job, fun and fancy free!! But then, they got corporate. Right when the merchandise DID get good, the company got bad.

Originally posted by trekkie1701E
If Disney Store merchandise was selling so poorly (Which is why the original makeovers were ordered in the first place ... Which all failed miserably, by the way), Why not come up with better products instead of figuring out ways to diminish the stores reputation and, as a result, destroy everything that made the place so "uniquely Disney"?
It's DISNEY. What'd you expect?

:rolleyes: :cry: