The Dark Crystal Workprint

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I downloaded The Workprint for the Dark Crystal, and I noticed some huge changes. The Skeksis in their original language I knew about. But the whole opening sequence is completely different. Instead of the Urur calling Jen, one of them comes to him at the pond. them calling Jen I had no idea so much was changed to the final release. Aughra's voice is different too. It isn't Frank Oz, and It dosn't seem to sound like Billy Whitelaw, was their another voice? I think I like this version better then the final, even though it's grainy and messed up in parts. Anybody else seen this version and like It better and think they should have released it? :scary:

Laszlo

Reaction score
Way cool!
How is the quality and where can I find it?
Thanks!

SKANZO

Reaction score
If you just do a search for it in any sort of bit torrent site, you will find it. The quality of the one I have is horrible, almost unwatchable. I think only being a big fan can you actually sit through it.

Black and white is mine, lots of debris throughout and all sort of damage running across the screen.

No idea if something better exists or not.

jeremy

skekKot

Reaction score
THE DARK CRYSTAL (Background Music Test) Workprint
Black & White monochrome VHS cassette tape

This professional-grade tape had been transferred from nearly a dozen spools of 35 mm film. Later, this tape was copied onto a commercial-quality VHS tape. Today, this film can be found online via Torrent-sites , streaming & sold on bootlegged DVD's.

*note this workprint has been in the possession of fans since sometime before 1985

Link containing info. on this workprint
http://orangecow.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4&sid=ca515d23a29d9cdd10580a3d1e84a903&start=10

Screen shots from b&w workprint:
http://www.bookmice.net/darkchilde/dark/work.html