Jim Henson or Frank Oz?

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Who's the better director? Who's the better puppeteer?

For me, this is kind of tough. They both have good qualities.

Jim Henson:

Director: Created many fantasy worlds and his his puppetry very well in all his films. Also, a very imangitive and creative director.

Puppeteer: Created a whole world for many people and showed us many crazy and friendly characters. Also, an excellent performer.

Frank Oz:

Director: Made films in many genres, such as drama, action, sci-fi, and has a real knack for comedy films. Also, a great director who has a good sense of film.

Puppeteer: A brilliant performer, who created great characters and has a good range of voices. He always performed his characters, particurally Miss Piggy, brilliantly.

I think Frank Oz is the better director and Jim Henson was the better puppeteer.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think Frank was the Best puppeteer ever!

But as far as directing I think that some things that Frank directed were brilliant and some things that Jim did were just as muhc but in a different way.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
it's like comparing John and Paul...can't.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
it's like comparing John and Paul...can't.
Exactly. They both have their creative strengths and weaknesses but put them together as a team, nobody can touch them....except for maybe John and Paul :wink:

Brooklyn

Reaction score
Could you have Bert without Ernie, and Ernie without Bert?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Thanks Muppetfan, I've just spent the last few days just staring into thin air trying to answer your question - I've snapped out of it and discovered I'm a few days late for work! It's like asking 'whats the meaning of life' or the chicken and the egg question. Though to answer the question in a round-a-bout way, I think of Jim and Frank (and don't get me wrong - I'm showing no religious preferences here) like God and Jesus or Michael Knight and KITT.