Fraggle Rock fanfic: Those Of The Black Snow

Gold Demona

Reaction score
That was awesome.
That's one of my favorite Carpenters songs, and you used it seemlessly. ^_^

I have a Carpenters song in mine as well. =)
.......among others. XD

Redsonga

Reaction score
That was awesome.
That's one of my favorite Carpenters songs, and you used it seemlessly. ^_^

I have a Carpenters song in mine as well. =)
.......among others. XD
I like to think there is a story for every song and when you put the two together it flows :smile:. This song from the start has always been Bimsys':smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Hehe. Good stuff.
Red says it like it is:big_grin:..I really like writing for her :smile:. I really like writing them all really...I love that they are able to talk about simple and detailed things with the same energy..it's the fraggley way :3!

Redsonga

Reaction score
The playful performance of a fraggle and his worm came to an end in uneasy silence as Bimsy turned to see a group of fifteen or so fraggles all staring at her with intent, interested expressions. Large Marvin took a crunching bite of radish cracker where he sat in the front row of the group, his small beady eyes bright over his three chins.

"I'm grateful of course... but...why are you all looking at me that way?" Bimsy edged away with a nervous scoot, making Boober, now sitting beside her, fall over, still engrossed in petting his fuzzy long lost friend.

"Oh, we thought that song was a lead-in for a story." Red said helpfully.

"It did sound like it, didn't it? A good long one to..." Mokey added, as the crowd agreed.

"Would you settle for a bad short one?" Bimsy asked, grabbing for her traveling bag again.

Wembley started to laugh and then stopped himself to look at the light blue visitors too serious to be joking expression.

"Well..well..fraggles love stories, right Gobo?"

Gobo nodded.

"All shorts and sizes to... Besides, it's a whole hour until the festival starts.”

Boober gulped looking uneasy as his sister took her time unbuttoning a large dirty satchel, a clean handkerchief shielding her hand from actually touching its surface.

“Couldn't we just have a nice quiet time and watch the dust settle together Bims?"

“ That is a very nice sport but...I'll be very honest Boom..this visit wasn't just to remain faithful to my promise...”

“I was afraid of that.” Boober gulped again, bracing himself.

“I came to give you..this.”

Bimsy reached into the bag with a fresh cloth, pulling from its depths a think book. The cover was bound in in panels of thin cherrywood, worn glossy by countless years of wear.

It had no title anywhere, but the gold edged pages and roughly fashioned buckle closer at its side marked it as something of great importance. After all, very few fraggles had the attention span to fashion metal.

“Boober, are you okay?" Wembley asked softly.

The little fraggles face was frozen as if someone had just stomped all over his cleanest laundry with muddy feet, as his voice barely worked its way into the room.

“The Book of the Venerated Cough...No...does this mean?"

Bimsy lifted up one of her legs very slowly and proudly as she spoke.

“ Persnickety's last inventions were these braces...”

She slid the heavy book over to Boober's lap, where his shaking hands hovered above it like uncertain butterflies.

“You're the oldest male now.” She finished simply, kissing him on the brow.

“But..but..Bimsy..the..the..responsibly..I..couldn't be...if I have this who has...”

Boober fished for words as he finally touched the book, gripping it as if a afraid it would fall and scatter to the wind.

“You are..and I do.” She said, sliding another thick book from the pack.

“Just what we need, more books.” Red mumbled to herself.

“The Book of the Humble Sneeze!"Boober exclaimed, looking back and forth between the two.

The new book was the firsts' twin in all ways but its green cover, a dyed matting of dried grass over white cloth. The grass was rotted away here and there, revealing patches of the fabric, long since browned.

Boober looked up from the 2nd book again, fixing his sister with a blank look...or at least, what everyone watching thought was a blank look.

“You're..the oldest girl...?" He laughed cheerfully. “You're...you're..playing a joke right? It can't be as bad as all that...”

Boober's flat energy was squashed even flatter by the sound of swaying wooden hair beads clicking together.

“All this...and more..it's worst..pages..worst.” She spoke softly, opening the book, to flip though the pages.

Gobo, Red, Wembley and Mokey along with a handful of others gathered near, but where disappointed to find pages of handwritten list like words in a strange foreign language before Boober closed the cover with a firm slam.

“What are those..?" Gobo began, but Bimsy finished just as quickly.

“Oh, we are being rude..maybe we should tell them...”

She reached to lift Boober's chin up from where he had gone back to contemplating the book before him.

“The story must be told...Do you wish to endure the telling of your most sorrowful tale?"

Boober sighed.

“If...I really have to... For the honor of being proven worthy of the title Bookkeeper without tears..I accept the telling..Weeba weeba...”
He sat the book down on the center of the bed a safe distance away as if it suddenly had an invisible shield around it.

“...woppa woppa..” He continued, lifting a happily panting Mocmoc onto the bed as well and cuddling him like a bedraggled teddy bear.

“...garpox gumbidge.... whoo..pee.”

Boober's nose finished flatly in a very strained voice from under the quilt tent where it was now barricaded .

“Just tell me when it's over.”

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Argh! this is so awesome! why leave me hanging like that?

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Woah, the Solemn Oath of the Fraggles. Must be huge. :confused:

Redsonga

Reaction score
There is nothing bigger..at least fraggle world wise :smile:. Or, at least Boober's kind wise...Poor Boober *hugs* But, it is not too far fetched, I think...*goes back to writing*