Game Suggestions Thread

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Coming soon to a theater near you:

Muppet Word Association: The Musical

:wink::sing::cool:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hmmm... Dunno. On the one hand, that idea seems similar to Muppet Word Association. On the other, it sounds like the basis of a Name That Tune type game. Develop it further and then post what you think as to improving/finetuning your suggestion GonzoLeaper.
Okay- well, the distinction here is that it's not exactly the same as Muppet Word Association. Similar, yes- but not totally alike. I guess the big difference is that it's not just saying a word and asking for what Muppet song comes to mind.
It's saying a word and finding a Muppet song that has that word in it. (Thus, there's more of a remembering of lyrics involved in this game.) The original concept of the Encore board game I mentioned calls for teams to sing the line in question that contains the given word- but obviously since that's not really feasible here- I thought just posting the line in question would work just as well.
I suppose if so desired, a Name That Tune aspect could be added wherein the starting player might phrase his post something like this:
"I'm thinking of a song that has this word in it _________."
And from there, players could try to guess the Muppet song. (And most words would probably have more than one right answer, which would keep people guessing for a while.)
But that would really be getting into a bit of a different concept than the Encore-inspired idea.
Do you have any other suggestions on how it could and/or should be improved?:concern::confused::search:

Red Fraggle

Reaction score
I think i psoted this idea before but i ahdnt really developed it for teh muppet world. THe Game is called Mafia ive palyed two dif versions on another board and its alot of fun. Ive fine tuned it for the muppets includoing characters from both teh muppet show and sesame street. read through it and let me know what you think.

Rules
- Everyone has a vote of who is the Grouch person.
- Everyone is allowed to talk during the Day and speculate over who the Grouches are.
- Day doesn't go into Night unless Everyone has posted/voted for the victim
- During the Day you may post, talk amongst your Human selves and find the Grouches out.
- You vote like so
Vote: Red
Unvote: Red Vote: Someone.
- They also have to be bold so no confusion is given when you're just talking about who you think it is.
- The night is when the Grouches plant mischief with the Humans. It's when the Grouches come out to play. Grouches can tlak to eachother through pm's during teh night, the humans are not allowed to talk.
Golden Rule: Check in every 24 hours. FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT="
-Exception to above rule: If you can't make it PM the host and give them your vote. If you're gone more than one day, I don't know, tell them to go alphabetically or something.
- When it turns night innocents are not allowed to give any more clues or try to save themselves.
-Also have fun!

In case of a tie
1. The person running the game can tell the people who didn't vote for the 2 accused to change their votes.
2. Get an outside person to pick someone. One that has no information on anything. I've been that person a couple of times.
3. Re-vote with just the people with the same amount of votes.
Ex.
Sin 3, Sol 3, Sal 3, Ted 2, Ang1
The votes will be cleared and the only people you're allowed to vote for are Sin, Sol, or Sal.
4. If the person hosting the game is angered at the moment that could just wipe out everyone.

Roles
Good Side:
Kermit, The Host: Can protect one person a night, if he protects a mafia he will die instead. (does this need to be explained more?)

Scooter, The Gofer: Communicates with the Ghosts or the Mod. (You can ask the ghosts any questions.)
Can ask the Mod questions. (See above. Yes or No questions only.) Just one questions Day/night. What I mean by that is Day + Night = 24 hours. 24 hours = only 1 questions allowed. You are only allowed to give one piece of information out a day.

Super Grover: Can switch 2 people or themselves. (For example, if Grover switches person A and person B, and person A is killed by the Grouch, then B dies instead. And no resurrection with this.)

Humans: Regular players (No powers)

Grouches: Grouches like Oscar who ahte evrything and have turned on the other muppets and humans around them.. (No powers. But one could also have this: Choose to bomb anybody during day, killing both the victim and him/herself. If someone asks about this player they will be found innocent.

Paranoid Muppet: Involuntarily kills, votes, anyone who targets him during the day, regardless of alignment. Anyone asks any questions about them they are innocent.

Roles That Can Be On Either Side:
Heckler: Adds humor to the game. (This character will change with every game. Rhyming, using parts of songs, using drinks/food labels...Idk weird things that could make the game funny.)

Self-Centered Roles:

Crazy Hary: Insane, Will kill anyone, like above. In any group, but will kill Mafia too. Gets to kill one person a game *Anyone* (Questions?)

The Reporter: This person can seduce one other player in the game without their knowledge. If someone tries to kill the reporter the person they’ve been seducing dies instead.
Muppeteers: are all powerful beings. You need to be on their good side in order to survive. Some muppeteers when they are angered can unleash horrible things. Can bring one person back from dead and kill one person

Not sure which Side:
Rogue Host: Same thing as Kermit except if you save anything good you die. You try to save the baddies.

Other Info:
At the beginning of the game the hoster takes names then they gives them all a role, which will come in a PM. Don't tell your role to ANYONE, unless you're a Grouch then you'll know who your partners are. At the beginning the person hosting will give a scene saying they died by some horrible means then it turns Day. During the Day you try to find out who killed her by voting. At the end of the day= 24 hours she takes all the votes and see who has the majority. That person is lynched and everyone finds out what the person was. Then it becomes night. That is the Grouch's time to run amok.. Once the mod receives the Grouch PM the next scene takes place and we find out who was the victim. Then the whole thing happens over again...

For other Time Zoned People
1 in game Day + 1 in game Night = 24 hours. So don't worry about time zone as a restriction for playing the game. Any questions you can PM me with "Muppet Mafia Question"

*** All of the Roles will not nesecarily be used in every game and not eevryone gets a named part. Depending on how many players we ahve will determine the number of Grouches and Humans. To start we will probably just do Humans and Grouches till evryone gets the hang of it.*** :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm...
GonzoLeaper, the Name That Tune idea would probably work better, and let's keep it simple to just one song per round.

RedFraggle, there are aspects of your game that could work, but I have some Muppet misgivings about other details. Maybe we can talk about it later.

Hope this helps.

Red Fraggle

Reaction score
k yeah im open to sugestions right as i posted this i also thought about a fraggle gorg thing but idk

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hmm...
GonzoLeaper, the Name That Tune idea would probably work better, and let's keep it simple to just one song per round.
Okay- that sounds cool to me.:super:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hey Mister The Count- thanks for setting up the new game. I like the modified rules- sounds like it'll be fun.:batty::wisdom::smile:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but how about a "Degrees of Relation" type game.

For Example:
Janice and Robin

Janice-Richard Hunt character-Sweetums-"Two Lost Souls"-Robin