1965 Ideal Kermit hand puppet

kysisbub

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am hoping that someone may know the value of a 1965 Ideal hand puppet that I have. He is in good condition. I have searched the net and have not been able to find a whole lot of info on him. Thanks in advance. :smile:

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
there is one on ebay right now, fbidding is up to about 50.00!:smile:

kysisbub

Reaction score
1965 kermit

Thanks for the reply. That is my Kermit on e bay and that is why I was wondering what it might actually be worth because I have been getting emails from bidders asking me to accept offers that are a great deal higher. Michelle

muppetperson

Reaction score
We will know in a few days.Disregard what the current bid is because the true value doesnt show up till a bidding war in the last 60 seconds, an old ebay trick of surprise.

kysisbub

Reaction score
1965 Ideal Kermit

Thanks so much. I am new to this ebay stuff. I actually have someone else listing it for me and although I knew by looking at it and trying to do research with my limited computer "skills". I could not find much on him. I had a hard time letting him go. I was growing very fond of him. I actually had one bidder refer to Kermit as the "grail" and offered me several hundred dollars. But I listed him so I need to give everyone that wants to bid a fair chance. I hope that the person that wins him takes very good care of him. Thanks again for your reply. :smile:

kysisbub

Reaction score
1965 Ideal Kermit

Thank you very much. I am new at the photography "bit". I did take the pictures of Kermit. I am glad I was able to get them taken well enough to show his true "personality". I have only found one other web site that has a photo of him. I just wonder why he is so rare. Is it because there were not very many made, or that they were actually played with and worn out? I find it amazing to have found Kermit in our small town in Indiana. I actually found him at an auction of an elderly man that had thousands of different collectibles. The amount this gentlemen collected was almost unreal, I'm sure it spanned a lifetime. :smile:

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Currently the auction is at more than 100 bucks already! ... I find that unreal for a plush toy that has obviously seen better days ... Wow ...
I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive, but this is why I don't collect plush and stick to the plastic ... :stick_out_tongue:

kysisbub

Reaction score
1965 Ideal Kermit

I'm glad to see that some of you were watching, and as curious as I was to find out what he might be worth. As for his condition, no, not insensitive. Although considering he is 43 years old, he was some how kept in very good condition. My kids have fabric toys less than a year old that look way more handled than this Kermit. I am very happy for the winning bidder. They obviously love him and I hope he/she enjoys him. I hope you have happy 43 plus years to come in your new home! :smile:

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Hey ... I also kind of "know" the winning bidder. Muppetperson is very active on eBay for Muppet collectibles and he has kicked my @ on many auctions for Muppet items already. He must be a real die-hard collector because he's going after virtually everything.
I'm wondering if he (or she) is frequenting Muppet Central here ... it would be nice to meet up and say 'hi'. Can't be any harm in that too ... we're like just on the other side of the world compared to each other (Belgium-Australia).

Are you in here, MuppetPerson?