1965 Ideal Kermit hand puppet

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yes, I am here! We know each other through helping you with collectible figure information.Sorry to outbid you on occassions, but if you really want something, dont dispair, as another chance will come along on what ever you are wanting.I didnt think Kermit would go so high, but I had to leave a huge amount, as I was working and couldnt watch it.You may not think much of the Kermit plush, but it is special to me for a few reasons-it was the very first Kermit toy,it portrays Kermit in his pre frog state, and
it is as old as me!

galenfott

Reaction score
Yes, congrats to muppetperson, it's a very rare piece. But one comment: I don't think the tie is actually part of the puppet. I've never seen it in any other photos, plus I have the 1966 Montgomery Wards catalog page on which Kermit and Rowlf were sold, and there's no tie. (And no Snerf, either!)

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Oh! But of course! Eric ... now the mental puzzle pieces all fall together! I swore I had seen that nick before already ... LOL.
Outbidding me is not really such a big issue, even if I was sometimes frustrated about it in the heat of the moment. I remember missing out on a couple of PVC's, but as you said I have had the opportunity to get the same later again in other auctions ... :smile:

I still think it's a lot of money for a Kermit plush, Eric but if you're happy with it, that's really all that counts ... :wink:

kysisbub

Reaction score
1965 Ideal Kermit

As for the tie. We had stated in the auction that the tie was pinned on Kermit. We had never seen it in the very few pictures of Kermit we had seen either. But since it was on him when he came to "live with me" I left it there. Maybe somewhere in his 43 years of life, someone thought he needed a tie? LOL. Also to Muppetperson. I thought for sure that you were here on the forum, but for reasons such as bidding and your right to reveal such information. I kept that to myself. I hope you enjoy him! Thank you for being so great! Michelle :smile:

galenfott

Reaction score
Right, I'm just trying to make it clear that the tie wasn't ripped off the puppet and then pinned back on. In other words, it's not a "negative" about the condition of the puppet; it's a free bonus tie!

kysisbub

Reaction score
1965 Ideal Kermit

I am so sorry if it sounded like a negative response. It was not meant that way AT ALL! Your response made me giggle in a nice way. BONUS TIE! LOL- You are funny. Thanks for the response and have a great night. (Or day, depending on when you may read this.):smile: