Dear Disney, please re-release all the Muppet movie soundtracks...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They only rereleased that Christmas Carol sound track. I understand that Christmas music always sells... but it seems so half shelled to only release one, and never bothering with the others. Even JUST the Muppet movie would be alright by me.
It is kinda annoying how only the films of the past couple of years get any real exposure, heh.

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
That's not very surprising, aye? Only now the real money-making Disney factory is behind the Muppets and they just know how to market things.
Don't underestimate the power of good marketing ... :big_grin:

But I think you guys are funny ... sure, over here in the forums you can express your feelings about what you'd like released, but I guess it won't be before you actually start writing Disney about it that they will know. You may then think such queries are lost in the void, but that isn't the case at all. How will they know what is wanted if nobody tells them ... and don't worry, if they think some money is to be made of it, they will jump on the idea. So get writing ... even if you get just the standard mail answer back or even don't get an answer at all ... all it needs is planting the idea.

And yes ... I'm walking the talk. I have written various Disney market divisions now to ask if they have the "Statler & Waldorf, from the Balcony" episodes on DVD. I got an answer every time, so at least my mails have been read by someone on the inside. That's all it needs as far as I'm concerned. And if it now happens often enough, someone just has to pick up the idea, aye? ... :wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That's not very surprising, aye? Only now the real money-making Disney factory is behind the Muppets and they just know how to market things.
Don't underestimate the power of good marketing ... :big_grin:

But I think you guys are funny ... sure, over here in the forums you can express your feelings about what you'd like released, but I guess it won't be before you actually start writing Disney about it that they will know. You may then think such queries are lost in the void, but that isn't the case at all. How will they know what is wanted if nobody tells them ... and don't worry, if they think some money is to be made of it, they will jump on the idea. So get writing ... even if you get just the standard mail answer back or even don't get an answer at all ... all it needs is planting the idea.

And yes ... I'm walking the talk. I have written various Disney market divisions now to ask if they have the "Statler & Waldorf, from the Balcony" episodes on DVD. I got an answer every time, so at least my mails have been read by someone on the inside. That's all it needs as far as I'm concerned. And if it now happens often enough, someone just has to pick up the idea, aye? ... :wink:
If you could provide me with an address, I'd be more than happy to write Disney a letter.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Tried the Disney Shopping address, and to my surprise got a very speedy response! Unfortunately... this is what it said:
Dear Ryan,

Thank you so much for your recent email.

Included below you will find answers to any questions you may have about
your order. If you have any additional questions, please let us know,
otherwise we look forward to your next visit with DisneyShopping.com.

Wishing you an Enchanted Day!

Sincerely,

Suzanne
The DisneyShopping.com Team

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. Unfortunately,
we do not have that information available to us. Please try an internet
search for the desired information.
Sheesh. :smirk: :stick_out_tongue:

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
I know this doesn't actually sound very encouraging, but if everybody would be doing the same as you, the boys at Disney would understand there's some bucks to be made of releasing Muppet movie soundtracks. And that's where it counts ...

If not for stuff like this, what option do we really have to make our voices heard, aye?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oh, if only. I've been wanting a rerelease for years. Someday I may crack, buy all the records, and transfer them to the computer myself using a special program. It's baffling that they haven't bothered yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is kinda annoying how only the films of the past couple of years get any real exposure, heh.
Well, I dunno... I've seen some pretty obscure movie soundtracks. You just have to look hard enough. But a soundtrack of a current movie is basically merchandising. Every single movie has one. Much like how newer DVD's of newer movies have hours of bonus features (especially ones that don't need it- like "Random comedian cross dressing in Fat suits 5") and older films don't have much, due to them throwing the footage all out at the time.

Though, I'm looking to see if there's a Speed Racer soundtrack... I really loved that dance mix they had at the end of the movie (and I hate dance mixes), especially since it used the original Japanese theme in it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I like all those "Bat Dance" remixes from the form the original film.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here are a few ways I'd like to see the CDs released:

:smile: An individual golden treatment soundtrack for each of the 6 Muppet films beginning with the first trilogy and containing the original theatrical poster art on the sleeve.

:cool: Volume Muppet Movie sets that lump some films together chronologically.

:zany: Premium box set of all Muppet movie music and some extras.

I feel that Disney has wasted opportunities in the past to advertise such items on the Muppet DVDs they release. They stick unrelated kidvid ads on there that probably aren't reciprocated on those releases.

I also think the direct mail order market is one that Disney could explore for items that fans want that they don’t want to pay much for promotion or overhead. I wouldn’t be offended as long as we saw ads on Muppet related product and got a chance to order the CDs. Mail order has actually been really big in music for quite some time. Heck, make these releases Amazon exclusives.