Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
My favorite turtle has always been Raphael...I think seeing the scene where April is taking care of him in the bathtub in the first movie when I was little really made me feel for him..He was the tough, hot headed one but still needed help and had a soft side sometimes :flirt:.
Though, it should be said for the movie they changed one major plot point from the comic. You see, in that fight with the foot, Leo was the one that got knocked unconcious, not Raph. Which lead to Casey and Don being freinds, instead of Casey and Raph.

Plus, (in the comics) the farm was owned by Casey's family, and it was his suggestion.

But the first TMNT movie was still the best. The firsdt one and the recent one were the ones I liked best. The second one was too cartoonish, and the cameo by Vanilla Ice was a mistake.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Though, it should be said for the movie they changed one major plot point from the comic. You see, in that fight with the foot, Leo was the one that got knocked unconcious, not Raph. Which lead to Casey and Don being freinds, instead of Casey and Raph.

Plus, (in the comics) the farm was owned by Casey's family, and it was his suggestion.

But the first TMNT movie was still the best. The firsdt one and the recent one were the ones I liked best. The second one was too cartoonish, and the cameo by Vanilla Ice was a mistake.
I can't help it, I like the way they did things in the movies and the 80's cartoon more than the comic...I think that's the reason why I did not like the newer cartoon as much:coy:...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
To be honest, I always had a crush on "Mikey" when I was little - I thought he was the coolest :wink:

I used to have a tape with two or so episodes of TMNT that I got from Burger King, but I'm not sure if I sold it or if it's just lost somewhere in storage.

My cousin loved them ten times more than me, though. I'm not even sure how much of the toys he had, but there was a lot. And when I went to Disney World in 1994 on a family trip, I'm pretty sure you could meet them "in person," which he was all over!

On an awesome note, one of the voices of the turtles went to my high school :big_grin: Can't remember which one, though.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The second one was too cartoonish, and the cameo by Vanilla Ice was a mistake.
Go ninja go ninja go!

And even though Casey Jones wasn't in the series that much, I just love is lines. "When am I going to break something!" Jones just wanted to smash things. He didn't have a personality!

I prefer the 87 cartoon series over the 2003 cartoon series simply because I grew up with it. Yes the 2003 series has a better storyline and is less cartoony, and more real to the comics, but like I said, I grew up with the 87 series.

Funniest turtle has to be Raphael simply because they made him this sarcastic joker that Rob Paulsen voiced. He had some of the funniest lines in the series. I prefer him to the real Raphael that has a major attitude problem and always seems to want to pick a fight with people, especially Leonardo. To me that seemed like another rehash of Wolverine vs Cyclops from X-Men.

But I also love Shredder, Krang, Beebop and Rocksteady, even though the mutant henchmen got old after a while. I love how Shredder and Krang always put each other down.

I also think a lot of the ideas the people had while making the cartoon series were rather interesting, something I don't think the creators of the Ninja Turtles comics would have thought of.

You have Krang, the Technodrome, Beebop and Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman as a fly, Rocksoldiers, Dimension X, Irma, Vernon, and Burn which were April's co-workers.

Plus it seems like the writers liked turning people into mutants. April was a cat, a fish, and an insect (wasp maybe). Irma was a rat and a moth. Vernon was a rat, turtle, and a spider. Burn was a turtle and a bee.

You can catch a lot of the turtle cartoons on youtube. I watch them all the time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You can catch a lot of the turtle cartoons on youtube. I watch them all the time.

You can also buy most of the series now. And at pretty decent prices.

But personally, I prefer the comic to all the other forms. I mean, without the comic, there would have been nothing. Plus, you haven't lived until you track down and read the Hedden McWeeney issues. Talk about Cartoony Turtles..

karamazov80

Reaction score
Time has not been kind to that cartoon or movie, in my opinion. . .
and I mean time as in my changing age, not as in the time that it was made versus now.

It is no Muppet Show, that's for sure :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm actually much the opposite. I liked the old cartoon, but now I don't like it as muhc as I used too and think that the newer one is much better and is more in tune with the comics. At first I didn't like when the original series had a complete over haul but now think I like that one much better.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Go ninja go ninja go!

And even though Casey Jones wasn't in the series that much, I just love is lines. "When am I going to break something!" Jones just wanted to smash things. He didn't have a personality!

I prefer the 87 cartoon series over the 2003 cartoon series simply because I grew up with it. Yes the 2003 series has a better storyline and is less cartoony, and more real to the comics, but like I said, I grew up with the 87 series.

Funniest turtle has to be Raphael simply because they made him this sarcastic joker that Rob Paulsen voiced. He had some of the funniest lines in the series. I prefer him to the real Raphael that has a major attitude problem and always seems to want to pick a fight with people, especially Leonardo. To me that seemed like another rehash of Wolverine vs Cyclops from X-Men.

But I also love Shredder, Krang, Beebop and Rocksteady, even though the mutant henchmen got old after a while. I love how Shredder and Krang always put each other down.

I also think a lot of the ideas the people had while making the cartoon series were rather interesting, something I don't think the creators of the Ninja Turtles comics would have thought of.

You have Krang, the Technodrome, Beebop and Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman as a fly, Rocksoldiers, Dimension X, Irma, Vernon, and Burn which were April's co-workers.

Plus it seems like the writers liked turning people into mutants. April was a cat, a fish, and an insect (wasp maybe). Irma was a rat and a moth. Vernon was a rat, turtle, and a spider. Burn was a turtle and a bee.

Which episode is the one where April gets turned into a fish? That has bugged me for the longest time...

I dunno, without the comic there would be nothing but to me that does not always make the first version of the story the best for everyone. I've always been more for lighthearted turtles :smile:. Even in the most serious of comic books my favorites are always the one frame with a joke in the middle of a war:insatiable:. One of my favorite X-Men comics is about nothing but the team talking while sitting around the breakfast table eating waffles...It sounds boring, but it is so funny to me :big_grin:!