Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Agh! Sorry for the inconvenience folks. I had to act quick. Boom asked me to remove the image since Disney wants to make it's launch official trough their website.

They said that the cover will be available trough Meltdown's official website and Boom's as well. It'll be very very limited so I suggest to keep an eye on these sites. I'll keep you posted anyway about any changes.

Once again, thanks for all the great support, guys!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I bookmarked Meltdown's webstore page awaiting news of your cover. However, I do have it as my screensaver. I can't wait to see it all tagged and branded for the new era of Muppet comic books. :big_grin:

unclematt

Reaction score
I am so excited about these comic books coming out and the 1st one comes out just a few days before my birthday so it is like they are releasing it as an early birthday gift for me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Gonzo Cover Unveiled!

Muppet Newsflash's More Muppet Comics Come in May article unveils one cover for Langridge's Gonzo issue. This interpretation actually tickles me (in a good way) so I thought compelled to share that. The image is very tiny, but I can make out Uncle Deadly and what appears to be Clifford in the audience. I also see Fleet Scribbler, what seems to be Bert and more.

Roger Langridge's style is very much present, but now the character likeness have been adequately merged. I'm liking this. :flirt:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I have been looking forward to this comic even before I got a mini-comic sample from Mr. Langridge last summer at Heroescon, and I am still looking forward to it with great anticipation, but the coloring irks me a bit. It seems very gradient heavy and has a bit of an unpleasant 90's Photoshop feel, but I am still really excited about it. I like his style and the writing (from what I've read) really complemented the old Muppet Show. I know some people may think otherwise, but his style is suited for the Muppets. Sure, it isn't what we're used to and I wouldn't want it to be the only style we ever see the Muppets, but it's interesting and quirky. I look forward to seeing more.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have been looking forward to this comic even before I got a mini-comic sample from Mr. Langridge last summer at Heroescon, and I am still looking forward to it with great anticipation, but the coloring irks me a bit. It seems very gradient heavy and has a bit of an unpleasant 90's Photoshop feel, but I am still really excited about it. I like his style and the writing (from what I've read) really complemented the old Muppet Show. I know some people may think otherwise, but his style is suited for the Muppets. Sure, it isn't what we're used to and I wouldn't want it to be the only style we ever see the Muppets, but it's interesting and quirky. I look forward to seeing more.
As an avid user of Adobe products; I didn't notice any Photoshop gradients but it does have some shading just like most other comics of today. I have said many things about Langridge's work, but Photoshopped has never been one of them. :wink: This beautifully matches the rest of his work. Finally he's risen to the occasion of Muppets in this fan's opinion.

I suppose the Muppet Show logo does have some stock gradient on it, but that came straight from Disney's art department. I'm not a fan of that look for the logo either. I prefer the classic red stroke/bevel.

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
I already asked a question on where I can pick these comics up, but I have another one. Actually two:

1. Can I get comics from BOOM! at just an average comic book store? It'd be worth the trip from where I live for some Muppety Goodness.
2. Could I subscribe to the series off BOOM's website? And if not, is there a reliable, safe site that would send each month's book to my house?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That Gonzo comic... INCREDIBLE! I was floored by it. Seriously almost fell out of my chair--I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that! That was AWESOME! Such a huge leap above his previous Gonzo work. I love the look out into the audience and spying all of these random characters. And Gonzo looks... GREAT! Kermit and all the others look awesome too!

And the ROBIN HOOD COVER! WOW! Look at SCOOTER! And ROWLF! They look incredible! I love that we're getting two artists. Amazing. Can't wait for these!

BlakeMP

Reaction score
I already asked a question on where I can pick these comics up, but I have another one. Actually two:​

1. Can I get comics from BOOM! at just an average comic book store? It'd be worth the trip from where I live for some Muppety Goodness.
2. Could I subscribe to the series off BOOM's website? And if not, is there a reliable, safe site that would send each month's book to my house?​
Don't know about the BOOM website, but the books are carried in comic stores nationwide. It's one of the more reliable smaller publishers. It would be worth it to call the shop in your area and ask if they'll be carrying them. Most shops will even reserve copies for you if you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.