Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That wasn't a great episode, so you didn't miss anything great.

Erine81981

Reaction score
That wasn't a great episode, so you didn't miss anything great.
I know but now since i have all the other episodes recorded i don't want to miss out on just one. Thanks for trying to comfort me. :frown:

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Guy Smiley is BACK, yo! Anyone else think this sort of game show really could have materialized last year during the writer's strike? Reality is blurring the lines of satire... it's sad, really. Somehow, it would have been funnier if Telly turned down a better prize than a trip to the beach.

But yes... yes! Gilbert Gottfried (I never get his name spelled right) being annoying and weird, a perfect role, or type casting?

Not too much else to say, except I almost missed it. It seems they went from every other day with new episodes to 2 new episodes in a row after 2 reruns...

Old segment or not, It was great to see that Waiter Grover segment. And was that Dave Golez as Pino? He sounded a little like Gonzo with a fake Italian accent... and he actually did look a bit like Boober in monster form.

And was that thing about the Z Zone new? I don't remember that one at all. Just like the B's in a bus. I did hate seeing the "This is the letter Z" thing where it changes into different fonts again. They really need to retire some of the weaker stuff from the 90's.

And I was disappointed we got reruns of the letter, number, and closing segments. And the pipe organ again... much as I love the Count, I was never wild about that being used for 3 seasons after... I also could have cared less about that stuff about the kids eating bananas...

And As much as I like the Murray segments, it's painfully obvious it should have been in every other episode. They seem to only have made half as many episodes as they should have.

edit... Oh, and Count. The unknown 18 segment you listed was someone painting panels in pieces to make a slide puzzle that revealed the number 18.
Guy SMiley is back? OMG! When will they rerun this episode so I can time record. And Are You Smarter Than an Egg Layer?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Wow! I have a lot of catching up to do on this season! Lol.

But, from reviews and the first few episodes I've seen, this season was good. It wasn't great, but good. Here's my "outline", from what I've seen:

The Goods:

-We saw more of Big Bird! Unlike the dissapointing Season 38, Big Bird was featured a lot this year! It was also good to get a Snuffy and Big Bird street story, since they interacted NONE last season.

- Guy Smiley returning.

-They included the street story with the Letter/Number of the day announcements.

-Telly had some good street stories. It's always interesting when Telly's around!

The Bads:

- The lack of Cookie Monster. Cookie is like one of the most popular characters these days and it's pretty odd SW would want to reduce the screen time with one of their most beloved characters.

- That stupid "magic" episode. Lol. It was a waste of airtime for the bird. It's ever so special he's included in a street story.

- Does Oscar end the show like he used too? If not, that sucks.

- Only 2 new EW. If it's like that, then they should drop the segment all together. No new ideas i suppose.

:embarrassed:To Be Continued when I watch more episodes...:coy:

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Wow! I have a lot of catching up to do on this season! Lol.

But, from reviews and the first few episodes I've seen, this season was good. It wasn't great, but good. Here's my "outline", from what I've seen:

The Goods:

-We saw more of Big Bird! Unlike the dissapointing Season 38, Big Bird was featured a lot this year! It was also good to get a Snuffy and Big Bird street story, since they interacted NONE last season.

- Guy Smiley returning.

-They included the street story with the Letter/Number of the day announcements.

-Telly had some good street stories. It's always interesting when Telly's around!

The Bads:

- The lack of Cookie Monster. Cookie is like one of the most popular characters these days and it's pretty odd SW would want to reduce the screen time with one of their most beloved characters.

- That stupid "magic" episode. Lol. It was a waste of airtime for the bird. It's ever so special he's included in a street story.

- Does Oscar end the show like he used too? If not, that sucks.

- Only 2 new EW. If it's like that, then they should drop the segment all together. No new ideas i suppose.

:embarrassed:To Be Continued when I watch more episodes...:coy:
Well, there is one thing that I wish they should drop is Elmo's World. Now don't prove me wrong. I like Elmo and he's got a sense of humor. But, I think giving his own show isn't necessary.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I can say is if they don't even nominate "Six Penguins in my Shirt" for an Emmy for Best original song in a kid's show there is no justice on this planet.

doctort13

Reaction score
Where are the people?

I haven't watched the show as much as I used to, but now that we a a DTV converter our reception is much better.

My biggest question is where did all the people go? It seems that SW uses their Muppet puppets more and more. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE PUPPETS, but I still love to see people with the Muppets on Sesame Street.

This past week I have caught bit of the show, I am usually catching up on housework when my children are watching SS, and was very please to see the Sesame versions of fairy tales with Gordon & Maria. I think it was Sleeping Grouchy, from what I watched it was very good. :insatiable: