Ed Sullivan presents MUPPET MAGIC DVD

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I saw this one on eBay but didn't know if it is worth it picking up. I don't find all that much info about it so I was wondering if you could help out.

What's on this DVD? And is it any good?

Thanks already!

:sing:

PhiNuBlue

Reaction score
Hey! I have this one on VHS. It has a bunch of old sketches from when the muppets were on the Ed Sullivan show. I love it. There are some cool old sketches on there.

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Thanks for that already ... I took a quick look at the MC article -I should have known that something like could be found on here- and I noticed that some stuff returned in the Muppet Show seasons.
Mahna-Mahna I recognized, for one thing.

ploobis

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I saw this one on eBay but didn't know if it is worth it picking up. I don't find all that much info about it so I was wondering if you could help out.

What's on this DVD? And is it any good?

Thanks already!

OH YES! It's a great DVD! I love Jim Henson's Early Work and this is one of my favorite Muppet DVDs I own! :wink:

It is definitely worth getting! It has a great collection of classic Muppet sketches from the 1960's like.....

Mahna Mahna

The Rock N Roll Monster

Java

Glow Worm

Monster & Machine

Visual Thinking

Beautiful Day

And more......

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I suppose it's been out of print since the Disney deal. I remember mocking up a new cover (down at the foot of the Muppet Central review) for their icky one that made me want to be color blind! Feel free to copy it and print it out. I'm pleased it's still there.

The DVD content sure is good. I wish the Henson Company would release more DVDs of this sort, but I suppose they're going the itunes rout in order to skip the overhead and packaging fees. I would so like to see a Jim Henson Criterion Collection of the Cube, Time Piece and other bits from the archives.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I would so like to see a Jim Henson Criterion Collection of the Cube, Time Piece and other bits from the archives.
Yeah! It would be great if you could find them all in one collection.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Yeah Ive got this and I really enjoy it! It has almost all of the Ed Sullivan appearences on it and its a great piece of nostagia for fans to remember the good old days. i highly recommend it

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
You all probably won't be surprised that I got myself one in the meantime ... :smile:

Now it's gonna be a long week waiting for this one to arrive in the mail ...