Palisades Backstage

gmolina3011

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.
Can someone shed some light on how to get the backstage playset by Palisades? I do not seem to find it.

Thank you. :sympathy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... If you wish to find any figures to add to your cherished collection, I suggest either searching in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum for those selling their Muppet figures or find the specific ones you want from the collection by searching for "Muppets" at www.ebay.com within their Toys & Hobbies category. Additionally, the Backstage playset was so massive, it was never sold at retail stores, but through online retailers instead. Hope this helps and have a good day.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Good luck finding it. I've been looking for years and I'm always out bid too.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Like all good art the figures are finally appreciated once the creator (in this case Palisades) has passed on. :sympathy:

In fact, the secondary market is really hot for these figures and it will only get hotter. I just hope with the revival of Muppetdom that the figure creating duties go to a talented company. I just can't imagine anyone doing a better job. :smile:

karamazov80

Reaction score
I bought a Backstage set last year for around $150, and at this point, that sounds like a pretty good deal. Check eBay, and look for newly listed "BIN" auctions from someone who either: a) doesn't know what it is really worth; or b) wants to unload it really quickly. Otherwise, you'll probably end up having to pay something more like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Muppets-Show-Ba...oryZ2627QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So. . .good luck, you're gonna need it :wink:

If you are rich, then here is a "BIN" auction from someone trying to get roughly what the above auction went for:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Palisades-Muppe...oryZ2627QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

gmolina3011

Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you all for the heads up!

I am willing to pay up to $350, so I will go to E-Bay and try to get lucky.

:sympathy:

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Hehehe ... I was help by good Lady Fortune on this one. I picked up a set mint in the box two years ago on the FACTS convention over here in Belgium.
(If you like some info about that: www.facts-convention.com).

And now the real beautiful thing about it ... I only paid it 25 EUR (about 35 US$) ... :eek:

:sing:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Thank you all for the heads up!

I am willing to pay up to $350, so I will go to E-Bay and try to get lucky.

:sympathy:
$350? You must be desperate!

I have three backstage playsets and may offer two to MC folks in the coming weeks. Redundancy is looming at my workplace and I'm trying to look at getting some quick income if that happens, which sadly includes losing treasured items:sympathy:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I consider buying Muppet figures while they were available one of the things in my collecting life that I've actually done right!

I got Backstage and the full set of Series 9 figures from the EB Games website... and I'm glad I did!

(And now I know that if I need to make a lot of money really quick I can just sell off my Muppets, not that I would though xD)

karamazov80

Reaction score
(And now I know that if I need to make a lot of money really quick I can just sell off my Muppets, not that I would though xD)
Somehow, I also find some solace in the fact that I could sell all my toys off and buy a car at any given point in time. . .but I also know that no matter how poor I get (and I am P-O-O-R!), I will probably never sell stuff like my treasured Muppets.