Should Dark Crystal have been nominated for an Academy Award?

muppetfan89

Reaction score
I do, I think it should've been nominated for Best Visual Effects, becuase it's one of the only films that successfully pulls having great film with all puppets and no actors, by doing that, the Visual Effects helped a great deal. Not only the puppets themseleves are great achievments in visual effects, but also the little details, such as the props, buildings, land, etc.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would agree with you. The Dark Crystal is my favorite film along side The Muppet Movie. However it had a lot of fantasy and effects competition in 1982 - the same year as E.T., Star Trek II, Tron and Blade Runner (a personal fave of mine too). I don't know what got the Oscars that year, but ET picked up a few. :smile:

EDIT: I must add that the Dark Crystal was the 16th highest grossing film for 1982 taking in over $40.5 million! It fared better at the box office than both Blade Runner and Tron.

JustListen

Reaction score
Yes yes! I think it should've been awarded movie of the year! Oh and the Chamberlain should've been awarded best performance. I think Drew Berrymore got it that year for her performance in E.T. And now two charlies angels movies later, i think SkekSil would've bore it with more pride.

muppet baby

Reaction score
yes i think that it should have been nomiated for that so much .

It is a wonderful movie , i wish it had been .:smile: