Has Anyone Ever Actually BEEN to These Sites?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now What?

Silence Your Rooster?

You see commercials for websites like these all the time, but I'm skeptical to actually checking them out myself... has anyone ever been to these kinds of sites?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
NowWhat.com is a State Farm Insurance ad posing as a fun website for teens. It's sort of like BodyByMilk.com but it's less up front about what they are advertising.

I've never heard of the rooster one though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ohhhh, lol, I THOUGHT there was more to these ads for these sites that meet the eye...

So I'm assuming SilenceYourRooster.com is probably an ad for Ambien or Lunesta, or whatever.

Skye

Reaction score
I've never even heard of those sites, let alone been to them, lol. But based on the names, they do sound kinda weird... helps you remember the names of the sites, though.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've have never heard of them either. But I they are not very catchy to me.

Maestro

Reaction score
So I'm assuming SilenceYourRooster.com is probably an ad for Ambien or Lunesta, or whatever.
Right on the money! After reading this thread, I decided to be brave and go to silenceyourrooster.com, and sure enough it was for AMBIEN.

This is kind of out of date, but I always wondered what all the billboards that just said forgettingsarahmarshall.com meant until the movie came out. lol

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Maestro, that site was awesome! It brought you to a blog supposedly written by the character Peter, complaining about how horrible the character Sarah Marshall was! I did see the movie and it was hilarious, and the blog follows the first few minutes of the movie. It was a great teaser to get people in to see it, but I didn't feel tricked like I do by some of these other website commercials.

edit: Actually I think the URL I was thinking of was http://www.ihatesarahmarshall.com

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Right on the money! After reading this thread, I decided to be brave and go to silenceyourrooster.com, and sure enough it was for AMBIEN.

This is kind of out of date, but I always wondered what all the billboards that just said forgettingsarahmarshall.com meant until the movie came out. lol
Whoa-hoa-hoa, welcome back Maestro!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Maestro, that site was awesome! It brought you to a blog supposedly written by the character Peter, complaining about how horrible the character Sarah Marshall was! I did see the movie and it was hilarious, and the blog follows the first few minutes of the movie. It was a great teaser to get people in to see it, but I didn't feel tricked like I do by some of these other website commercials.

edit: Actually I think the URL I was thinking of was http://www.ihatesarahmarshall.com
Oh yeah! It's the site with the link to this one!