The "Does this ever happen to you?" thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
In regards to the "Am I the Only One" thread, I've decided to start one myself... but on different terms.

Does this ever happen to you? Do you have a song that follows you around no matter where you go? All the sudden you're watching a movie or TV show, and it's playing in the soundtrack... or if you're in a restaurant/store/elevator or something it's playing there too?

Seems every so often, when I least expect it, that "I will Walk 500 Miles" song just appears... and I start laughing like crazy because of it... ever since that Family Guy episode...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
My mind today kept on going back to "Tears on My Pillow" by Little Anthony and the Imperials.

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
That happens to me sometimes, especially after hearing a song I haven't heard for a while, in which case I can't get it out of my head for the rest of the day. In my case, its usually tunes from the 70's and 80's.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
For me, it's often songs I've heard in fan videos or in movies I like.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That has happened before but not often where is is unexpected.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
That generally only happens to me after choir rehearsals on Monday evenings when I return home and have the last song we sang cursing through my mind. Last week it was 'Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring' and this week I was humming a German Christmas song called 'Vom Himmel Hoch, da komm ich her'. (In English, 'From the Heavens, I Come')

Of course, when I get that way, then I put on the CD Gift Wrapped, by the Arrogant Worms and play the last track on repeat. It's called rather appropriately: 'Song Stuck in My Head'.

Since I don't listen to the radio all that much, I don't hear songs like that from one place to another, although I did hear a song by One Republic that sort of did that and after I bought the CD, surprisingly, I stopped hearing the song.

Along the same lines, did you ever spontaneously hear a song and have it grab you to such an extent that you went out and immediately bought the CD?

That happens with me a lot. Specifically when I am on trips around Europe and hear a song that just hits me like a runaway train. Often I don't even know the titles of the songs, but I have been known to spend hours in shops with headphones and listening to music for the songs I want to have. Specifically, I got into some really great French music in that way and that's how I got into the music by PUR (A German group), Sissel Kyrkjebo (A Norwegian singer), Chris de Burgh, and Great Big Sea.

The longer I'm here, the more you will probably notice that my musical tastes are all over the place. :big_grin:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And that's a good thing. It shows well-roundness.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does this ever happen to you...

Flies, mosquitos, and/or gnats get into your room, and right away, they go straight for the insides of your ears? I can't stand that! I always end up having to wear something over my ears to keep them out.

I believe I heard/read somewhere that they think of the insides of your ears like places to seek shelter, and apparently, that's why we have earwax to sort of repel them.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Does this ever happen to you...

Flies, mosquitos, and/or gnats get into your room, and right away, they go straight for the insides of your ears? I can't stand that! I always end up having to wear something over my ears to keep them out.
No that's never happened to me, but it sounds really gross!

I generally watch as flies and gnats go for the light if it's on. Either our big overhead livingroom light, or even the computer monitor. Unless we're asleep and they are buzzing about. My husband's woken up more often than we could count from buzzing insects flying around.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yes. I loathe that. You'd think they'd choose some secluded corner away from my head!