Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Luke

Reaction score
I've been to the industry toy trade shows many times, it might help to have some Muppet fans there to pose and show off the product, maybe have some posters of how they have experimented with them, dressed them, posed them - nice idea.

I just think that if i am correct, MR has nearly two years on the license (i may not be right, but i thought i read this) and obviously there is going to be a lot of Muppet programming on TV in that time. If i was them i'd just keep on trying to get orders for Fozzie, use the TV shows coming up to try to get over how Disney is making a big deal with the Muppets (like show the trailer for the xmas movie at shows, show the Youtube viral videos if u are allowed) and hopefully if the interest in the Muppets has sold through the stores Gonzo/Animals they may come back for Fozzie later.

I do like the idea of having batches handmade to order, if someone like Terry could do that to a budget that was obviously more, but still realistic to the really hardcore fans it would be a good idea. If we were talking maybe $699 i think maybe 50 orders could be got but the vibe i get is that it would be much more expensive than that to do.

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
Hi all,

mickeymouse18 the posers that were made were Gonzo's and Animal's actual size. hint: replicas at least the ones I built were. Sadly there's not much else I can say about the Master Replicas stuff for now.

Take care all,

Terry Angus
hey, sorry I wasn't very clear I meant edition sizes, i.e. amount made, not the actual size of the posers, sorry

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi mickeymouse18,

No problem i was not mad or anything it was just something I thought should be pointed out sorry if it sounded angry. That's the problem with written words you could read several different ways that something could be said. That's why I prefer to talk to people one on one.

Take care all and have fun,

Terry Angus

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
In my post I was referring more to us joining the MR staff at cons, trade shows, etc. as one of their own, just non-paid, to help set up the booth, talk to people, and answer qestions to inquiries as to the materials, what's inside, "hand punched and dyed ostritch feathers", "one peice construction jawplate hinged." When the product was projected to pre-sale and release, etc.

Yes, there is not a shadow of doubt that limited edition of this would fall far, far, beyond $699.00.

I wonder if MR ACTUALLY put up a pre-sale for fozzie what response it would illicit? I know I wasn't going to pre-order from anyone else. Frankly I don't drust any other on-line retailer. It's a MR product, I get it from MR. But like Forbidden Planet's pre-sale. I sat here wondering ooh they jumped the gun. "It's not on the MR website, it's not available." Very very few people, the fanatical, visit their message boards. Most I would speculate, buy and that's it.

Manufacturing products (accessories) for products already produced? It reminds me of the move DAVE. "You wand to spend billions on a program that makes new car buyers more comfortable with their purchase." Maybe the best advice is for Master Replicas to simply wait on the project until there is the numbers. But I would definetely encourage them to start the presale then, and ust sit on our money till it's time. I would have no problems forking over the 8-$900 on a pre-sale until MR had the numbers they needed. Heck, sit on the pre-sale money for the next year and a half of the license if need be. Then put him hout at the end of the license. We have one guy who's dying for piggy, another who wants Uncle Deadly (?) but the overwhelming majority I believe is saying that we're comfortable with ending the line, just as long as we can purchase that one last one. Fozzie.

KK

(my comment on Piggy was that I would have bacon in my morning breakfast as my Miss Piggy replica.)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I pitched this on the other thread but I will propose it here as well.

To cut down on price and insure quality would it be feasible Fozzie's body was factory made his head separately handcrafted later? :embarrassed:

I ask this because the head is what seemed to be the issue. I still feel that there's interest in Fozzie. Maybe after the new Muppet push goes forth there will be *enough* interest. Who knows?

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Does anyone thing that MR would be up for getting some really talanted puppet builders like Terry, together, to build a batch to pre order, maybe get a pre order open for like 3 months then close the preorder and make to order? The price would be dependant on the amount of orders so he may be expensive and would Terry and his clones (if we could make clones of him) be up for it LOL. I would be willing to pay up to £500 for a Fozzie like this....just a sugestion

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Terry is obviously on this board and can speak for himself, but I'd guess for a master craftsman like Terry to hand build these, they would be more like $5,000 apiece than $500. Probably more than that, even.

:stick_out_tongue:

Neil565

Reaction score
Thanks for giving us a honest, non BS reply. It's nice to see in this day and age, even if it's all bad news.

This may be an incredibly stupid idea, but here goes...

Lets say each muppet cost $300's to make. Would it be possible to order them at a batch discounted price and sell them for say $150 at various stores like Toys R Us, or Best Buy, or even Walmart? I didn't find this site accidentally, I would not have even known about Kermit a few months back, and now he is proudly sitting in the corner of my room. The box is so beautifully done that I didn't have the heart to throw it out, so I made it a part of the display :smile:.

But at the original prices for Gonzo and Animal, I just couldn't afford the I think it was $400's that was being asked. Fans, just like companies, are not made of money, no matter how much we would just love to hand it over ;o). One reason why I am just dying to win the lottery so I can by that $5,000 life size 3Po and R2D2, but no way could I ever afford it.

Would they sell more at half the price and where put in retail stores, or sold on Amazon directly? Especially with a plaque in store explaining exactly what it is, what they where used for in the Henson company, and why it's so much more high priced than your average stuffed muppet?

Davina

Reaction score
it's my hubby who wants Uncle Deadly... heh..
and there's at least 2 of us (probably more) who would love to see a decent Piggy done... :stick_out_tongue:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Terry is obviously on this board and can speak for himself, but I'd guess for a master craftsman like Terry to hand build these, they would be more like $5,000 apiece than $500. Probably more than that, even.

:stick_out_tongue:
Sorry should have put $ instead of £ so my $1000 pledge could be off the mark :smile: