Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
hard to know.. the forum over there is currently down for "upgrading" or something...
*sigh*
MR are doing tests and rebuilding the forum.It will probably be down all week,preparing for the new look, which they will launch next month.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
MR are doing tests and rebuilding the forum.It will probably be down all week,preparing for the new look, which they will launch next month.

They better not start me over as a "junior member" over at MR. I have been on that forum since they started.

Luke

Reaction score
It is only 369 votes that count so far.It is not how many people who have voted, but how many will buy him at a limited edition price.
Well over $400-$600 isnt a bad start for them to work from with 500 people.

They have said a lot of things before, i wish i had the same confidence as you, lol.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
The problem with a poll like this is MR can't count on everyone to buy one, don't know if that's already said before, but just sayin'. Anyways, it's a good cause.

I have Kermit, but have not yet bought Animal or Gonzo. I do really want them, and have put them on the Christmas list now that they are being discounted. However, therefore, please do note:

I really want Kermie sitting in Fozzie's lap in my office.

I am one of the MCs in the $400 - $600 price range, but please don't tell my wife. (and please take my wife, ha)

muppetperson

Reaction score
Well over $400-$600 isnt a bad start for them to work from with 500 people.

They have said a lot of things before, i wish i had the same confidence as you, lol.
Unfortuately, you wont get a 500 edition of Fozzie for between $400 to $600.The lower the edition, the higher the price of production being shared with a smaller group. For that price, the edition would have to be between 1000 to 1500.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sales are difficult even for large scale Star Wars replicas priced that high, but with that brand they will always eventually sell. That makes display and storage space a good investment for merchants. Unfortunately the same thing isn't true for other brands including the Muppets...yet.

I really do think MR has moved on and understand why. No matter how they got to this point with the Muppets, past sales do not support future products for them with the brand. I'm not certain someone else would leap at the chance either, but it would be nice for MR to release the replica to be shopped around at other companies for whatever development fee they'd require, of course. Still they might surprise us. I'm just not counting on that.

What Travis, Ken and others have said for quite some time holds true - the Muppets need enough high-profile current projects to support healthy product sales. I have found that die-hard fans are very particular when it comes to forking over cash for Muppet merchandise, therefore products (even high-end ones like posers) must appeal to the average Muppet consumer too.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
well I think that price range WONT fly too well with others, I know I'd be on both side on the fence on that kinda price :confused::sympathy:
He wasn't talking about the price, he was saying that for Fozzie to come in between $400 - $600, they would need to make between 1000 to 1500 units.

To make only 500, he is easily going to cost $1000, if not more. I know when they looked into making 50 of them, the cost came in around $5000 - $6000 each.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
To make only 500, he is easily going to cost $1000, if not more. I know when they looked into making 50 of them, the cost came in around $5000 - $6000 each.

:stick_out_tongue:

This only makes sence since I am getting the Efx Studio Scale X-Wing for my SW collection, they are only making a 1000 of them for the price of $1200. This is the same people that worked at MR that now owns Efx collectibles. The edition size is small so the price is much larger. I can see where your coming from.