Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fozzie was also available for pre-order on Amazon and several other sites last spring.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'm gonna hazard a guess that they aren't going to make that deadline:wink:
HA Ha.Maybe if we went to Ireland to get one, they would still make the deadline as 2008 would come after 2009.Ah-to be sure,to be sure!(apologies to the Irish:embarrassed: )

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Fozzie was also available for pre-order on Amazon and several other sites last spring.
I guess so. I was assuming that all the pre-orders were unofficial as there were no official promotional images and the item was never featured on MR's website.

muppetperson

Reaction score
MR let them do that on their own back as MR wanted to be sure everything was right, so although they did officially announce him, they didnt put him up for pre-order.

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
hey, muppetperson, just wanted to say thank you for keeping us updated. do you have a rough idea of when we will know for definite what is happening, I just wanna know! Even though I'm expecting bad news :frown:

also if fozzie was made and was a success, do you think other replicas would be considered?

finally, as disney is connected to the muppets, does anyone know if MR are doing anything with that line this year, or is that not priority to them either?

thanks for your time and help :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
If Fozzie does get made, he is at least 6 months away.Nothing is concrete.They did say that they would rather not make him if he cant be made properly, so they are taking their time to find a place that can make him properly.If Fozzie goes well, then they will continue with other characters.Not sure what they are doing with the Disney Showcase line.That also hasnt been selling well and has been heavily discounted.They are being causious in what products they release.

muppetperson

Reaction score
No, no... you misunderstood. He was saying the retail should have been $600-$700. Sorry for the confusion.

:stick_out_tongue:
I see.So you think Kermit was made for only $60 or $70?.I know a lot of Retailers over here in Australia work on a 100% mark up.
sometimes that cant be done because of competitors and sometimes they can make up more than 100% if it is a very low wholesale price.
Hang on, if kermit was made for around $70 and he sold for $200, then it is only a bit more than double.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Hang on, if kermit was made for around $70 and he sold for $200, then it is only a bit more than double.
Yes, that is correct. But what my friend was saying was that was not a very good business plan. He should have been sold for a lot more. I think, and I'm totally just guessing now, that they thought these would sell much faster than they did and they wouldn't be stuck storing so much inventory or had their investment money tied up for so long. That is perhaps why they went with a lower sell-through price. Of course, considering how much slower they sold, if the price had been higher, they may never have sold out of Kermit or Animal. And they even had to drop the price on Animal to finally sell off the remainder.

It seems like maybe Star Wars and Star Trek fans have more disposable income than Muppet fans.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Considering the materials to make Kermit and all, I am suprised that they did not charge more for him.