Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Davina

Reaction score
was a lot easier back then, movies did well, became huge hits, so selling things was easy, and then they just kept at it, never let things drop off much. then did the re-releases, and the prequels which brought it all up again, so they had several platforms to launch and relaunch the product. will admit i have a few original and more recent release items.. though i was content (as was my budget) to stay in the "kids toy" range.. hubby took my falcon apart.. he wants to convert it into a printer server.. i'm not so sure about that.. but it has been sitting in pieces now for years...

Reaction score
If Hasbro sold bags of mushed up brownies and called it "Yoda Poop", it would sell. When you're making action figures of CGI walk-on characters and people are buying them, they will buy anything. Will Yoda Poop sell well? Probably not. But it will sell, and half the people who buy it won't eat or open it. They will put it on thier shelves, probably right next to the life size Yoda cut out they won on ebay. Muppet fans do not dress up like Muppets at movie premiers, people don't have Muppet weddings, and while everyone's generally aware of the Muppets, they're not pervasive in pop culture they way Star Wars or Star Trek is and to imply that one is equal to the other is ridiculous. The number of Star Wars fans to Muppet fans is astronomical and even greater the gap is Star Wars fanatics and Muppet fanatics. And as for prop replicas, let's say there's a $300 light saber and a $300 muppet. the muppet has to be SPOT ON for people to totally get behind it, and even then, it seems like it takes pulling teeth to get things made and sold through. The light saber just has to light up and go "wwhhhhrrrroooo".

The difference is Star Wars fans will buy anything. Muppet fans *won't* buy anything. :wink:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
And we're back...
How many will be willing to buy Fozzie at the $800-$1000 price point? Have a pretty good idea of what's going on here, and what people are looking for. I highly doubt any other company would undertake such a dauting task after MR's license runs out. (cheap attempt to steer)

Davina

Reaction score
heh.. i'll try to help..

I would certainly try to buy him at that point. Right now it's a little hard to do. with Hubby on deployment he had a really big cut in income and I've been trying to find some work to help buffer that a bit for the past 2 months with no luck so far (apparently I'm over qualified for those part time, only last a couple of months type jobs i'm looking for...*sigh* but I want to be home in the mornings when hubby's most likely going to be able to call from where he's stationed.. and i don't need full time work just want a lil extra cash and to get out of the house once in a while...)
anyway.. once they actually get to a point where they can announce a price point, I will certainly start setting aside money for him.. may take a while, depending on how things go, what other little emergencies pop up that would require a diversion of funds (would rather avoid those, thank you..) but no matter what his price, I would want him and certainly make every effort to try to get him..

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I have a plan for when Fozzie comes along. Instead of everyone doing everything we can to save up for Fozzie, why not just have ONE person do all the saving for all of us. It seems pointless that all of us should have to do the work! ! !

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have a plan for when Fozzie comes along. Instead of everyone doing everything we can to save up for Fozzie, why not just have ONE person do all the saving for all of us. It seems pointless that all of us should have to do the work! ! !
Someone like Donald Trump.:smile: Or Oprah!

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
how long have master replicas got the licence for now? will they renew it? if fozzie was a success and they made another replica, who do you think they would go for?