SST 40th Anniversary Event

Mike Johnson

Reaction score
I was going to record but figured since they charged $45 for tickets, there could be a copyright issue with putting it out there and I was right as they specifically asked people not to record.

The Barnes & Noble event was free and open to the public with no requests not to record, so I did and then later popped it up on the website I work for.

Mike

I know that the reason for no video was that so the actors could speak open and honestly about things, without fear of it being posted on youtube, but it was such a great panel, I'd Love to have been able to buy a copy of it..

Heh, did anyone sneak audio out of the event, like the guy did at the Barnes and Noble signing? I was toying around with doing so, but figured they'd probably see the light from the recorder so decided against it :smile:..

zns

Reaction score
Wow...didn't realize Jerry was that sick :sympathy:...I thought he was doing better. That is wonderful that Marty took you in like that, he's definitely the kindest of all of the muppeteers and I'm thrilled that he got married to Annie! Thanks for posting your sesame visit. Can you send us the link to your Youtube videos? Keep on believing and hopefully your puppetry dreams will come true! Also, If you're interested, there's this really cool Puppetry workshop this summer in Ireland through NYU...it might be good for you if you want, I can message you with more details :wisdom:
I'll get the links up as soon as I can. Marty has been a terrific guy since we first started keeping in contact. He has definately become one of my biggest supporters in my destiny. Of course, since he and Annie are going to be expecting twins in March I believe, I porbably on't get to talk with him as much, but maybe still hear from him. Thanks for the kind compliment.

P.S.
As for Jerry Nelson, I'm pretty sure that he is doing better. Like I said, my visit to the set was in April 2008, so that was almost a year ago, and by now he should be doing okay as far as I know.

Neil565

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else got this in the mail...

An Autographed Street Gang Book, a picture of the cast taken at the event, and a picture quality print of the Record article.

I had a picture taken at the event, but sadly that was not included. I'm going to give it a few days and see if it comes in the mail separately.

Curious if anyone else who got a picture taken has received theirs yet?

Big Bird KH9

Reaction score
So, I take it no one tried to get into the manor party other than me and one other couple around 50 or 60? :smile:
I also crashed the Manor party. I was nervous, but I suppose the feller at the door didn't want to offend the VIPs by checking tickets. Luck for me, as I was dying to meet Bob.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would have been great if they videotapped the event and included it as a bonus feature on the upcoming Sesame Street 40th anniversary set. I heard that somebody asked Frank oz to talk in Miss Piggy's voice. I think if I was there, I'd rather ask a question that I want to know the answer to, as opposed to asking a performer to talk in a voice I've heard thousands of times.

It's a shame nobody thought to ask Bob if he remembers the name of the actor who played Gordon in the pilots. Also a shame nobody asked Caroll Spinney how he could see inside Bruno, or if he could share memories of Shivers the Penguin.

KerMatttheFrog

Reaction score
It would have been great if they videotapped the event and included it as a bonus feature on the upcoming Sesame Street 40th anniversary set. I heard that somebody asked Frank oz to talk in Miss Piggy's voice. I think if I was there, I'd rather ask a question that I want to know the answer to, as opposed to asking a performer to talk in a voice I've heard thousands of times.
I think it was mentioned in the thread earlier, but yes that did happen with the fan asking Frank Oz. He was pretty graceful in his turning her down and with his explanation as to why he doesn't do the voices "like a party trick". Unfortunately, much of the time for the Q&A was burned by people telling us more about themselves rather than getting to the meat of their question. The one exception that I thought in that vein was touching was the woman who had the deaf child who talked about how Linda Bove meant a lot to her child having a positive influence and role model on a mainstream program. She then asked if they knew how Linda was doing.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I think it was mentioned in the thread earlier, but yes that did happen with the fan asking Frank Oz. He was pretty graceful in his turning her down and with his explanation as to why he doesn't do the voices "like a party trick". Unfortunately, much of the time for the Q&A was burned by people telling us more about themselves rather than getting to the meat of their question. The one exception that I thought in that vein was touching was the woman who had the deaf child who talked about how Linda Bove meant a lot to her child having a positive influence and role model on a mainstream program. She then asked if they knew how Linda was doing.

I agree, I also was interested in hearing about Linda. I don't quite remember when she left to be honest...did they write that into the show somehow?

I agree, any Q&A I've ever gone to for ANYTHING at this and various movie conventions, etc. people ALWAYS yap about how much the guests have influenced them, they aspire to be like them, etc. We know there's a lot of people who went into puppetry because of the Muppet influence, etc. but I'm sure the whole panel knows that. I'm sure some of the people who didn't get to ask their questions had some good ones that didnt' have the chance because "Susan from Cahuenga remembers watching Sesame when she was five and then went onto major in art in college, etc." :rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Now now, it's not every day these people get to express their appreciation to their heros, hehe. But yes some questions could have been shorter. :wink:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Now now, it's not every day these people get to express their appreciation to their heros, hehe. But yes some questions could have been shorter. :wink:
No I totally get that. Some of the other questions were so "out there" too, like the one person who asked something about a poll on how Sesame around the world with it's international productions as affected things, etc.?:confused:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Write a letter! It isn't everyday you get to express appreciation face to face, but as a result, a bunch of people didn't get to express anything. There were a couple people who really just wanted to crowbar their lives into this and acted like they were having one on one time, probably thinking in some obscure way that the cast members will somehow remember them or even want to develop a further relationship with them or something incredibly wacky. I've been to dozens of these type Q&A's, and I can't believe there's no screener or something to drill home the "make it quick" concept stick.