Hopes for The Muppet Show Season 4

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with Gemini that they should put the Disney World special on DVD. I mean, seriously, they're OWNED by Disney, so it's not like they have to clear anything :wink: I have it on tape but it won't last forever.

Well, I couldn't see anything slowing them down, unless Lucasfilm has a problem (They went to BOTH the Indiana Jones and Star Wars rides), but I don't see that, as Lucasfilm has a great relationship with Disney and Henson (even though Disney owns both now)... and unless a couple celeb appearances have to be cut, I don't see anything wrong.

Though, if they keep the Michael Eisner introduction in tact, I'd be 100% surprised.

Gemini Draco

Reaction score
I have a question, are the UK spots in the Muppet Show DVDs? You know, the spots that were shown in the UK but not in the US. I really hope they are.

vans

Reaction score
I hope the big Muppets like Thog & Sweetums have a part in the season 4 DVD.(packaging art or DVD menus)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does that mean that they are? Or are you agreeing with me?
They do, they do... Season one may be missing some songs due to copyright, and they don't have the ITV logo, but they're from the original UK Broadcast masters. In fact, I think one episode uses the same UK skit twice.

Reaction score
I figured it was obvious who'd make the covers: the 5 Muppets who's Muppet Babies characters were made into toys that were included in the McDonald's Happy Meals. Whether MB is canon to the Muppeverse or not, that is how they've had the most exposure since TMS went off the air, and the 5 main characters were Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo and Animal.

Gemini Draco

Reaction score
However, the Muppets in baby form first appeared in Muppets Take Manhattan and Animal was not apart of that. It was Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Rowlf and Scooter. So, if we are going to go for the muppet baby thing, it would be either Rowlf or Scooter. It would be great if it was Rowlf. A baby muppet version of Animal was later made for a short scene in a Muppet Family Christmas. But he was not one of those in the original scene that inspired Muppet Babies.

So, yeah... but I really don't think it is going to be based on that.

Reaction score
yeah, i wasnt saying the cover would be a muppet baby. i'm saying that animal was popularized in a huge way by the muppet babies tv show, and that seems to be the genesis of his popularity and place in the "top 5" or whatever. if you say to the average person who doesn't have an account on muppet central, "haha, your jacket reminds me of scooter's" or "that guy plays piano like rowlf" if they had any idea of what you were talking about, they'd say something like "oh, from the muffets?" but if you say to someone "that guy plays drums like animal" you're more likely to strike a familiar cord with someone. and when it comes to marketing, they're obviously going to go with familiarity, which Animal has in spades over scooter, rowlf, statler & waldorf, bean bunny, beaker, zoot and rizzo. pepe was on Long John Silver's commercials recently, but that didn't have anything to do with "the muppets", not to mention he wasn't on the muppet show. however, piggy, kermit, fozzie, gonzo and animal (the main five characters from the muppet babies cartoon, mind you) were all on Pizza Hut commercials a few years back. people know animal. it wouldn't make sense to not put him and gonzo as the covers of seasons 4 & 5, if they ever even come out.

And Sweetums on the cover of the complete collection box set.

Gemini Draco

Reaction score
I was not even thinking of Pepe. In my personal opinion, they use him too much. Anyway, I am not saying you are wrong or anything with the whole Animal thing. It is true, he is very popular and is known more than some of the others. And in my opinion, it is pretty obvious that Gonzo is going to be on the front of season 4. If he is not, there is something seriously wrong. And most likely, Animal will be on the front of season 5, though if I had a choice, it would be all of the Electric Mayhem because I like them so much. Though, I see Beaker having a chance to be on the cover of season five, thought a very slim one.